U

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 1:24 AM

Delay when watching live sports

Why is nothing being done to address the delay between xfinity broadcast of live sports and real time?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hello @user_depdn7, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. What concerns are you having with Live Sports? When you say delay do you mean in the picture? Sound? Commercials?

4 Messages

Let me explain the delay. When watching a baseball game today, the view of the game on tv was several pitches behind the view of the same game streaming on my phone via xfinity stream. How do you explain that?
In addition all dvr recorded shows are more than 60 seconds off when using smart resume.  This has been happening for a very long time. Xfinity has swapped my x1 box and completely replaced the cable line to my house with no change at all to these problems. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_depdn7, Thank you for explaining and clarifying that for us, we appreciate it! If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I don’t see any bell in the upper right corner of the screen. I want to send you the information in a direct message but don’t see how to accomplish that. 

4 Messages

Ignore previous message about inability to DM.  I was able to do it on a PC.  Was having trouble trying to DM on my phone.  Requested information has been sent in a DM to Xfinity Support.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_depdn7 The delay between the TV broadcast and the streaming view on your phone via Xfinity Stream could be due to different delivery methods. When you watch the game on TV, it is delivered as a cable service over Xfinity's managed IP network. However, when you stream the game on your phone, it is delivered over an internet or mobile connection. This difference in delivery methods may cause a delay. 

I see your private message and will respond there as well, but I want to share the above in public in case anyone else is looking for this information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here