U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 11:07 PM

Constant freezing of X1

Been having this problem for a couple of years -maybe once every couple of months-and now it has become more frequent..at least 3-4 times in the last week.

The box get stuck on 1 channel and the remote is useless except to turn it off or adjust volume..that's it..no other buttons do anything.   Only way able to change channel is to log onto Xfinity, goto support and restart the one box.  Never happens with other box

Channel works fine but can't do anything. If turn off and then back on nothing changes and still unable to do anything.

Very very very frustrating consider the amount have to pay for cable to have this problem

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

4 months ago

u/user07p02k

Glad you reached out. Have you attempted a new coax cable? 

2 Messages

Thanks for responding.  I know I replaced the cable about a year and half ago and it did it before and also after.   When I log into my account online (like I just did now because froze again)  and it does a status check, it says my box is offline.

Literally only thing I can do is restart it.  

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

user_07p0kw This isn't the experience we want any customer to have, and my team can help. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here