TomRobson's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 11th, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

Connect Remote to Vizio Sound Bar

I just got a new Vizio sound bar and am trying to program my xfinity remote to control it. When I get to the screen to pair an audio device, Vizio is not listed as a manufacturer that I can pair with. I've been searching the Comcast website for half an hour and can't find a solution. Would love any help anyone can give!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Use a manual code search. Not all soundboard are compatible so be prepared to possibly use two remotes

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem with my new Vizio sb36514-6 soundbar home theater.  Is there any Xfinity remote that will control this?  Using 2 remotes is very annoying!

Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just hooked up my Vizio sound bar and was using the sound bar remote.  On Xfinity remote, pressed Xfinity button and went to the far right pressed settings. Scrolling down there was an option to pair device to remote. Instructions were to hold down Xfinity button and mute I think until light at top of remote went from red to green. Onscreen asks to test the volume and choose if it worked or not.  In my case it worked!  I can now use the Xfinity remote to control volume via my Vizio Soundbar.  Hope it works for others as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here