U

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Wed, Jan 12, 2022 7:46 PM

Cloud DVR issues

I've been using Xfinity for about 6 months now after moving to a new home. I have the X1 system with the Cloud DVR. At my previous home I had AT&T U-verse with a non-cloud DVR. I've noticed a few issues with the Cloud DVR, and I'm wondering how common these are and if there are fixes for any of them. I have the xFI Complete package and "superfast" internet.

Here are the issues:

1. When watching recordings, sometimes the video will pixellate, sometimes the audio will drop temporarily, and other times there will be a huge lag between video and audio. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be a problem. Less frequently I'll lose video and have audio only. I have no way of knowing if the original broadcast had these issues or it's just the recording, but I watch very little live TV so I don't know what to expect there.
  2. Fast forward and rewind will sometimes go super fast even on the slowest setting, making it hard to resume at the right place. Once that starts happening, it continues for the remainder of that playback session.
  3. The Smart Resume feature, which I've only seen on recordings of SNL, doesn't always resume at the right spot. The very first time I used Smart Resume it seemed to work pretty well, but many times it resumes 2-3 seconds late. I really like the feature, so I hope it improves over time.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

3K Messages

2 d ago

It was great working with you, thank you so much for all of your time/effort in working with us. I'm happy to hear the recording issue has cleared up after us troubleshooting and sending some signals. The smart resume seemed to have been a known issue which has since be cleared up. Happy you're all set and taken care of. Have a good one!

Official Employee

• 

3K Messages

7 d ago

Hi there. Thank you for posting here in the Community, and welcome as a new subscriber. We'd be glad to help you out with these concerns you mentioned. The pixelation is an indication of signal problem, this could also be the cause for the remote functionality problem you mentioned. I'm curious if you did a self installation or if a technician came out to install your service for you? 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityMorgan A technician installed my service. 

Official Employee

• 

3K Messages

Good to know. I'd like to take a look at your equipment diagnostics from this end. We can still continue to communicate publicly, but please send me a direct message with your first and last name + your address so I can take a look. We will go from there. 

To do so click "Sign In" if you're not already signed in. Click the "Direct Message" icon {upper right corner of this page} Click the "New message" {pencil and paper} icon and search for Xfinity Support.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Thanks for your help. I just tried to send you a direct message, but I don’t see how to send the message after typing it. There’s no icon to send the text (using Safari on an iPad at the moment). 

Official Employee

• 

650 Messages

We definitely look forward to speaking with you in our messaging system! Here are the steps to send over that message! To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Please let me know if you are still having issues reaching out! We are here to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

That’s what I tried to do. Pressing Enter just adds a blank line to the text, that’s why I was looking for a separate icon to send the text. 

New to the Community?

Start Here