notme's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2024 10:19 PM

check signal to my house

a few weeks ago I received text messages stating that "enhancements" were being made to the Xfinity network in my neighborhood. The day that I received the text telling that the work was completed I started getting intermittent pixelization on all my TVs.  I tried chat but that was pretty much useless so had them call me I simply asked if they could send a tech to check the service line to my home (last time I had a tech out about 5 years ago they said that line needed to be replaced).  There has been no equipment change inside my home, so no need for a tech to come in my house.  They agreed that they could do that but when I received my confirmation they had set me an appointment with 4 hour window.  There is NO reason why I need to be home when they check service line and/or signal coming to my house.  Is there a way I can get service line/signal checked without having to be at home?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

notme Thank you so much for your post for help with the pixelization you have been encountering since work was completed in your area. I apologize for any confusion but unless there is a down/damaged line present outside your home for our line team to address any service issue they would start with a standard technician appointment. If during that appointment it is determined additional work is needed to the lines they will put in that request at that time but to determine if the outside lines are the issue they would need access to your home and you would need to be present at that time. If there is additional line work needed and that request is submitted to our team from the technician you would not need to present for the additional work. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

"if the outside lines are the issue they would need access to your home

' makes no sense. If signal strength is the issue there would be no need to access my home.  Just need technician to test signal strength to my house there would be absolutely no reason to access my home for that,  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

notme The test will be from our tap outside the home to the point of usage (cable outlet) inside the home which is why they need access to the home. They need to be able to test both ends of the line to get accurate testing. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

so you are telling me that they cant test signal strength to the outside tap, that is OUTSIDE my home? The issue started the same day that "enhancements" were completed in my neighborhood.  NOTHING CHANGED inside my home.  I know they accessed the "box" where my feed line comes from because my wife was home when they came into my back yard looking for said box, which has never been located in my back yard.   When they accessed that box they did something that weakened my signal causing the issue.  My wife and I work and our time off is precious to us and dont want to spend it waiting on cable guy.  

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

Good morning @notme in order to properly troubleshoot and diagnose the issue the tech would need access inside the home. When you are ready to schedule an appointment, please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Just want the SIGNAL TO MY HOME CHECKED...and that can be done without access to my home.  I have been a loyal customer for decades and there is absolutely no reason to access my home to check tv signal to my house. I pay hundreds of dollars monthly for my service and my wife pays hundreds of dollars for her mothers service. Since my internet seems to work fine I guess I can explore my options to cancel cable portion of my service if Comcasr/Xfinity seems not to care about what is convenient for their customer. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 months ago

If I do decide to go internet only will I need to trade in gateway or just keep the one I have and turn in tv boxes?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

notme The only reason you would need to swap out the gateway for is if you changed speeds when going to internet only. If you keep the same speed, then the device you have now should work just fine. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

ok.  thanks for nothing....worst customer service ever

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@notme I am sorry for how your experience has made you feel. Unfortunately, in order to properly have this addressed we can send out a technician. Without access to your home, I cannot guarantee that we would be able to determine the cause of the problem. We have an amazing field team, built up of some awesome professionals. They work extremely quick and diligently, in an effort to resolve any service issue you might be experiencing.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

"I cannot guarantee that we would be able to determine the cause of the problem" don't want a guarantee necessarily.  I was told years ago that the Xfinity line coming into my home needed to be replaced, I was told this by an Xfinity technician.  The technician said he would put in the order to get line replaced but that never happened.  During that visit he installed a signal booster as a "temporary fix".

On the same exact day that Xfinity accessed the box/junction, whatever you want to call it, while performing "network enhancements" is when the poor reception started.  If signal strength coming to my house is adequate then I will address inside wiring/equipment at a later date.  If the line coming to my house needed replacing years ago how did it somehow repair itself? It didn't, but more than likely on the day the "enhancements" were made the technician  removed that same cable and possibly did not re-connect it properly.  Between my account and my wife's mother's account (which is in my wife's name} we pay comcast  over $5000 per year you would think that comcast could send a tech to check signal to the house and replace the line that they said needed to be replaced years ago

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 months ago

Got a text to provide feedback on my most recent experience with Xfinity and of course I rated it 0. Next they ask why 0 and I responded "Xfinity refused my request". And stupidly they asked "Did we resolve your issue?" When I replied no , they responded with "We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!"  This is one of the worst customer service experiences ever,  I see why Xfinity has a rating of 1.8 on yelp. Just asking for them to check service line to home, a line they said needed to be replaced years ago but they refuse, only reason I can see they would refuse is that maybe they are unable to charge a fee if they dont come inside my home.  Charge the damn fee just check  signal strength to my home.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here