robert_ka06103's profile

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Monday, May 4th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Changing TV input with the X15 remote

I press the TV input button and get a screen showing sources. But I can't scroll among them or select one. No button seems to move the arrow or select.

What am I missing?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you.!! I had the same question re the X1 remote. Clicking the input button does scroll between the various connected inputs. Ifeel stupid . . . should have thought of that!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Did you try the pressing input button to toggle thru

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If you’re tv needs an ok push to acknowledge a change in input, the X1 remotes don’t have the capability

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

whats the point of having a TV input button in the Xfinity remote if you can't scroll thru the inputs to change them?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Not all tvs need an ok push to change inputs, the ones that do are out of luck

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Agree, how do we handle this?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

So how do we handle it if that is needed and doesn't work with the remote?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Use your actual tv remote

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My TV also doesn’t allow me to change the input so this is how I have to trick it. I change the input using the remote and wait 5 seconds. Then I turn off the tv and power back on. It’s exactly where I want it to be.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The trick is to wait a few seconds for the toggle to work. It delays, so does not seem to be working.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My older Samsung TV can scroll through the tv input list, but can't select "ok" and the input list stayed on the screen.  What I found worked was waiting until the tv actually switched the input, then hit the volume up or down.  That gets you out of the input menu.  You're welcome :)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do I get the input side box to go away after hitting input? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So there's no way to change the input on samsung smart tv with xfinity remote.. even if it works for volume, mute, etc??  We lost original remote for tv & trying to setup xfinity cable

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_a723dd. Have you tried the accepted solution or any of the other suggestions in this thread? The accepted solution is correct that you would keep hitting the input button to scroll between the inputs. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I get the menu of inputs but pressing input doesn’t select different inputs , the menu disappears. The arrows and ok buttons don’t work either. How do I change inputs?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Okay, I tried leaving the input on HDMI 2 Then turn off the TV and powered back on but it still did not work. Any suggestions??

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out about your input concerns.This thread is over a year old and is now considered a dead thread. If you are still needing assistance please post a new thread outlining the issue and we will assist you there, this thread will now be closed.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here