paulb104's profile

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

Friday, November 10th, 2023 1:02 AM

Closed

Changing the order of recorded episodes of a series

In the cable box's recorded menu, when I have multiple episodes of one series recorded it shows me them in chronological order of most recently recorded to earliest recorded. So if episodes 1-20 are recorded, the first episode the cursor lands on is episode 20. Then I have to go all the way to the right to get to episode 1.

Is there any way to reverse the display order so the oldest show is first? This would make more sense anyway. I couldn't find any settings on the box or at https://www.xfinity.com/stream.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

11 months ago

The concern is not "Home Networking" help related. Topic moved here to the TV help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

Hello @paulb104, thanks for reaching out for help with your recrodings. 

If you go here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-sort-recordings-and-purchases, you can see the different options we have available for sorting and filtering your recordings. If you run into any problems or have any questions please let us know! 

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ I do not understand why you chose that page to share. With those options one can sort ALL the recorded by Most Recent or A-Z, filter by category, or choose a device. None of those are of interest to me. What I want to do is to have it when a recorded series is selected have it's earliest recorded episode all the way to the left, directly under the title, to where the 'cursor' is. Right now the earliest recorded episode is all the way to the right side so you have to scroll all the way to the right, the farthest position away from the 'cursor' to watch the next, earliest episode. 
If you have been recording a series which airs in episode order and you have fifteen of them you have to move the 'cursor' to the right fourteen times to get to the next episode in the series that should be watched. That does not even make sense. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@paulb104 at this time those are the only sorting options for recordings with your X1 device. I agree with your logic in this matter that it makes more sense to list the recordings in both options of ascending and descending order. I will definitely be submitting this post for feedback, and perhaps we can see some quick changes to the sorting options in the future. Thank you for your inquiry and never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Please fix this issue. You should be able to list these shows either way. It ends up being a spoiler for characters that survived long into a mystery series or reality show. Very big issue. Please fix this and alert us to how it has been fixed.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

My series recordings are not recording in the right order, there all over the place the season and episode seem right but the play isn't, my recordings are always messed up records reruns even though I have it set new only, , fast resume never works? I pay alot a month 99% is my dvr and I would like it fixef

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Oh no! Thank you for bringing this to our attention @user_3d47f7. Are you only having this issue with a specific series? We are here to help get this resolved and working better. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

7 months ago

This is an issue that should be fixed. Please make it so you can list shows either way. It ends up being a spoiler for reality shows because it shows images of who made it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here