chubbles007's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Changing input with XR11 remote

I'm new to cable and Xfinity!  It has been a good experience thus far.

I use my tv as a mirror monitor for my MacBook Pro so I could eliminate the tv remote altogether if I could "move" from hdmi1 to hdmi4 with XR11.  I think this should be possible since the remote turns the tv on and off.  

Thanks,

chubbles007

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Should work for you

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If your tv/monitor needs an ok press to confirm changing inputs the X1 remote won’t do it

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

CCAndrew thanks for the reply!

No I don't have to press ok, just press "input" then "up or down" to choose an "input".  I hope that means I can learn to do it with my XR11.

Thanks for your interest,

chubbles007

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but life happened.

Your post made me sure the "TV input " buutton should be working which it was not. I pushed it down sereral times then held it down for several seconds and the input list showed up. For several minutes it took a double push of the "TV input" button to get the input list to appear, but then it began to function properly.  I attribute this to newness stiffness. CCAndrew it was you that got me on the right tract for that I award you 5 "addaboys" !!!!

Again I say thanks for your interest and input.

Now I'm off to mark my question as answered and give you the credit for the solution.

Thanks again from a 76 year old cable newbie and a Xfinity newbie , wish I could buy you a drink,

chubbles007

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

I wish you could too! Glad you got it, stay safe, if you have any questions feel free!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My older Samsung TV can scroll through the tv input list, but can't select "ok" and the input list stayed on the screen.  What I found worked was waiting until the tv actually switched the input, then hit the volume up or down.  That gets you out of the input menu.  You're welcome :)

(edited)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

closed old thread. feel free to start a new thread.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here