T

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 7:58 PM

Change pause times with new DVR

Have there been any changes to the DVR pause times?!  I had dish and hold times were over an hour. I like to watch while doing chores causing me to step away from the tv for a bit more than 10 min at a time. How can I adjust this? Have there been upgrades in the last 3 years? 

Official Employee

• 

931 Messages

22 days ago

Hello @Tiggspring, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

The Xfinity DVR, specifically the X1 DVR, allows you to pause live TV for up to 60 minutes. This is a cumulative limit, so if you pause for 10 minutes and then resume, you will have 50 minutes of pause time remaining. If you pause again for 30 minutes, you will have 20 minutes left. Once you reach the 60-minute limit, you need to catch up to live TV or the pause time will expire and revert to live programming .

For recorded shows, the DVR will automatically exit the pause mode and return to live TV after 10 minutes of inactivity. This is a built-in feature and there is currently no setting to extend this pause duration for recordings. 

If you frequently need to pause for longer periods, a workaround is to press 'Exit' on the remote twice to reset the pause timer back to the current live programming.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here