U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 18th, 2022 7:50 PM

Closed

Can’t pause or rewind- set top box does not support

This is so frustrating! We have to reset the cable box every day.  Will a new box even fix this?

why the need to reset every day?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_a535bd. I am sad to hear your cable box does not pause or rewind. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues, or were you able to get this resolved? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I've had a similar issue.  We have a new TV attached to the box (Samsung).  I can't pause I get "Pause isn't available. This set-top box doesn't support it.  Without Pause - I can't fast forward.  I also can no longer rewind (I get the same error).  This used to work just fine.    The remote is now paired - and I went through a Restart (no help), then unplugged the Xfinity box and reconnected it (no help).  I then did a full System Refresh.  That didn't help, either.  So I don't want to call Xfinity and have them read from a script and ask me to do what I've already done. I've seen other messages recently on this forum and elsewhere - that this has been a common problem.  However - I haven't seen any solution that has worked for everyone (and in most cases, it hasn't worked for many). 

If anyone that reads this has figured out how to fix the rewind/pause/fast-forward problem - please post here!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey, @Moonltnite! Sorry to hear about the issues with "pause." If you would like for us to troubleshoot, we can. Our system has a step-by-step process it follows that could help clear this. We know repeating steps with troubleshooting could seem repetitive, and we would only do it when the process calls for it. If we may assist, send us a Direct Message with your name and address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here