human-being's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 12:21 AM

Can't disable screen saver anymore, and screensaver causes panic attacks in dementia patient.

The TV programming "falls asleep" every 5 hours now.  I NEED TO DISABLE THE SCREENSAVER PERMANENTLY. Not for 5 hours, FOREVER.  I live with an Alzheimer's patient and this "feature" is causing panic attacks — which causes hyperventilating/heart issues that COULD LITERALLY KILL HER. Even if I use a smartplug to restart the x1 box every 4 hours, it falls asleep an hour later. It was working fine for the past year, but an update apparently (?) removed the option to disable the screensaver.

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

I can help, human-being - It's the Power saver feature that needs to be disabled. Can you try saying "power saver" into the voice remote". Another way is to navigate to settings > device settings > Power Preferences - toggle on or off here.

Can you let me know if this info helps?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

The power saver has always been set to off, and I just double checked. It's says "Power Saver: Off."

It's the screen saver causing the problem, not the power saver. It used to have an "Off" setting, but now it's gone — AGAIN. The "off" setting disappeared about 3 years ago, too, and we had to use DVDs on a loop for about a year. 

The Screen Saver settings have these options now, "Screen Saver Starts After: 5 Minutes, 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 5 Hours." Think about those options — who watches TV for 5 minutes at a time? Or 15?

HELP?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing the photo. Currently, those are the options for screen savers. 

The Power Saver option allows you to conserve additional energy when you are not watching. With Power Saver enabled your TV box will go to sleep after 4 hours of inactivity. This will not affect any scheduled DVR recordings. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ That is a totally unhelpful response. All you did was answer a question that I never asked. Can my issue be escalated to somebody empowered to take real action? 

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

@human-being Its designed that way to help conserve energy, but we understand where you're coming from and appreciate the feedback. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

174 Messages

All these employees  are useless like the agents in chatvand phone if lucky do not read or analyze  the chats I am sure Human being  can careless about  saving  energy but is more concerned about  the emotional  triggers for this Dementia patient .  I am sorry Human Being . There must be a  way tofully disable the screen saver .  Xfinity needs better educated  employees  that can analyze  notvrepeat like parrots  .

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here