M

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2024 8:53 PM

can the X1 box do manual recordings

I am looking to possibly get the X1 box that includes 20hrs of cloud recording. Do these boxes also allow you to do manual recordings?  If so, can I do a 6hr manual recording of a desired channel?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there mfranch88 The 20hrs Cloud DVR are included with any Xfinity TV tier and is used via the Xfinity Stream App, and you can record up to 2 programs at once. If adding an X1 DVR, you'll have the option to add-on DVR services starting at 150 hours. 

X1 Cloud DVR FAQs

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I thought I could simply add an XFINITY 20hr cloud DVR to my account, but I have been told since I have cable cards in my TiVos, it’s not an option. Too bad as I would ah e liked to try xfinity equipment

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

Every Xfinity TV plan comes with 20 hours of Cloud DVR storage. You would need to use the Xfinity Stream app or stream portal to access the recording function.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

114 Messages

1 month ago

yes, you CAN set manual recording, but this xfinity expert is talking about storage spage and the cloud, not sure if that answered your question or if you need instructions how to set a manual recording on a channel

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

27 days ago

Yes, I was more interested in knowing if the x1 box can be set to manually record a channel for 6 straight hrs.

I realize I might have to use the app to do this and willing to do so, but just wondering if this is an option in the first place before I possibly proceed to get one

Contributor

• 

114 Messages

they answer is yes, ill give step by step instructions later

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here