OldeFatGuy's profile

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2024 7:53 PM

Caller ID No Longer Showing Up on TV

Had XFinity for years, the package of TV/Internet/Phone.  And for all of those years, whenever the phone rang, the caller ID would appear on the TV.  We liked that little feature, it was neat.  But for the past 48 hours or so it's no longer showing up.  Why did Xfinity change that?  Will that feature return?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hey there, OldeFatGuy, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your caller ID. This feature should still be working on your TV. We would be happy to take a look at the features on your account to help with troubleshooting. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Okay, how do I get you to take a look at my account to help with troubleshooting or this happening already?  I see the directions to post a DM, so does that mean you want me to post some sort of DM?  What do I do, just copy and paste my question into a DM or are those lines there all the time automatically when you post?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

OldeFatGuy Yes, if you can please send us a Direct Message with a copy of your issue. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting with you! We definitely want to get this resolved for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

I can't figure out how to send a clean DM.  It's still got old DM messages from old issues there.  I can't find a way to delete them or start fresh.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

OldeFatGuy Were you able to follow the steps I provided above to send the Direct Message? You can send it on another thread it will still send over that message to us, so we can assist you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Yeah, I followed the steps, but it keeps just wanting to add on to the end of a long trail of DM messages from an old issue.  I can't figure out how to send just a fresh one without all of those old messages.  It could get confusing having all of those old messages there with this new issue just appended to the end of them.  Is there a way to clear out those old ones?

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

4 months ago

So, two days and no response.  What a shocker.  Can't get customer service on the phone (NOTE TO COMAST: NOT EVERYBODY HAS A CELL PHONE.  I CAN'T RECEIVE TEXTS) and can't get answers here either. 

Maybe I should call Verizon and see if they can answer my questions?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I would really like to help with this, @OldeFatGuy. This is what it should look like when you send a direct message: https://comca.st/3kYXwkR. If you are seeing old messages, they may just be archival or historical. Regardless, if you do end up sending a longer message than you intended, we can pinpoint anything with today's date and pick up from there. 

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

4 months ago

*sigh* 24 hours ago.  I checked my email all day yesterday to see if I had a response.  Nothing. 

I give up.  I don't know how to get what I want here.  I call on the phone and have to get through 10 minutes of them wanting to send me a text.  I DON'T OWN A CELL PHONE.  NEVER HAVE. NEVER WILL.  And I come here and don't know how to check for responses.  Seems sometimes I get an email notifying me, and sometimes I don't.

I'm going to switch my internet and phone to Verizon, ASAP.  They will come and run the modem/router to the room I want (I already checked).  I can't switch TV yet, one family member (the boss) won't give up the free Peacock and Netflix.  And don't even get me started on the "free Peacock" because I went through the supposed steps to set that up and to this day I still can't get it on my computer.  It comes up on the TV, but I don't even own a TV anymore myself.  All I have is a computer.  No TV, no cell phone.  And don't want either.  But I do watch TV on my computer, so this begs my final question (not that I'll get an answer).

Once I switch my internet and phone to Verizon, will I still be able to watch ALL of the Xfinity channels on my computer in my home (including premium and At Home only channels) through Xfinity Stream even though I wouldn't be signing in with Comcast Internet?  Because if the answer is no, then I'm just going to go against the boss and switch all three to Verizon. 

I am so fed up with Xfinity and trying to get satisfaction in terms of help and customer service when I need.  Over $300 a month and can't get a human on the phone or satisfactory customer service.  So, will anyone answer this question for me? 

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

4 months ago

Oh, and not for nothing, but I did used to be able to get texts on my land line.  It was YOU, XFINITY, that took that feature away.  And now every time I call they try and send a text.  The irony. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

OldeFatGuy Yes, you will still be able to use your computer to watch TV at home with a different internet provider. I am providing the steps again to send us a direct message so that we can take a closer look at your account and make changes as needed. If you don't have a cell number on your account we can send the code the email on the account. I would be happy to check into the set up once I have your account information. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

Okay, I am taking a screenshot of this.  It says you ARE an official Xfinity Employee, so if when I switch to FIOS and then discover I can NOT watch EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL, including HBO, Showtime, sports channels, etc. that currently show up as AT HOME only, you can rest assured there will be legal action.

I just do not know what to do anymore.  I am bedbound now, and can no longer walk downstairs to the basement where the modem/gateway is located.  I receive horrible wi-fi now that I am upstairs and the gateway is downstairs, and it is constantly going in and out.  And now I can no longer even remotely restart the modem remotely as when I try I get a message saying it can't receive the signal.  It used to be when I was able to remotely send the signal that the going in and out would improve for awhile, then it get bad, then I would send a reset signal and it would be okay, etc. etc.  But now it won't let me because it says it can't receive a signal.  So I want my gateway from now on to be in my room with my hospital bed, and I can just use an ethernet cable to connect, but Comcast insists that it would be my responsibility to handle the indoor wiring and move it to my new room.  I checked with Verizon and they assured me they will run the internet directly to this room from the outside.  At least that's what they said on the phone.  They haven't come here to see and I fear they too will balk when they see it is a brick house I dunno. 

And then the caller ID stopped working on the TV that the boss watches, and she's unhappy.  Of course when I switch to Verizon, it won't show either.  But since it no longer shows now anyway I won't be losing anything. 

Combined with the promise that Peacock would be free and I can't get it on my computer anyway, and with the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to get customer service here and getting help on the phone is just.....  INFURIATING... I want so badly to just dump it all and move it all to Verizon.  In a perfect world somebody, somewhere at Comcast would fix all of these issues but it appears we don't live in such a world.  I am just soooooo soooooo frustrated right now I could scream.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

4 months ago

Oh, and did I mention that I'm PAYING $300 dollars a month for the privilege of all of this frustration?????  DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM?????

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

4 months ago

I am having multiple issues.  Caller ID no longer shows up on my TV when the phone rings, my wi-fi goes in and out, I have never been able to get Peacock for free as promised for Diamond customers, among others.  For reference, see https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/caller-id-no-longer-showing-up-on-tv/665a2ab11e56d61567f7b7e4.

So, here it is.  Comcast will either fix ALL of these issues, or I'm leaving by Jun 12, 2024.  At least internet and phone.  Still unsure on TV as I may have no choice but to keep that, although trust me when I say I'm going to do everything in my power to move all three and be done with Comcast.  I am so infuriated with your "customer UNservice".  I am in my 60's and have dealt with corporations, non-profits, government agencies, and never, EVER, have I see anywhere close to as poor a customer service as I see here.

So, if you want to keep this account in it's full, this will be fixed in the next week.  (I doubt that's possible but want to give you a choice as I've literally been a customer almost 20 years.  I used to like your internet service a lot).  I want my Gateway to be run from the pole at the street to a new room in this house like a new installation as I am bedbound now and can no longer walk to get downstairs.  Also, the basement has since 2019 flooded several times and is now a health hazard (mold), so this will have to be done without EVER even entering the basement.  Verizon has assured me they can do it, so if they can, then you can too... if you desire.  I want someone to coordinate with Peacock to get what I am supposed to get... free middle tier Peacock, not only on my TV (which we do get now) but on my computer (which I don't despite following the instructions VERBATIM about a gazillion times).  And I want caller ID to show up on the TV like it used to... unless that feature isn't offered anymore.  I'm not asking for something that other customers don't get, just what I'm due.

Verizon has a special until Jun 12 offering a free Nintendo Switch for new internet customers.  I will order it before that date if ALL of these issues aren't corrected.  No installation fees.  Non-negotiable.  I don't expect Comcast to accept this, but it's on the table if you wish to continue to receive my $300 a friggin month any longer.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Multiple Issues

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @OldeFatGuy! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

3 months ago

I got an email saying I needed to mark a reply as the solution.  I can't see how to do that.  The only posts on here showing the option to Mark as Accepted Answer are my own.  It simply can't be that I ask a question... then mark my own post as the answer can it?  What am I doing wrong?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching back out, OldeFatGuy. You would only need to mark a solution once the issue is resolved. Since we are still monitoring your account and going to reach back out to you, you can disregard the email for now. We will talk to again very soon through Direct Message! 

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

lol, I hit the "Mark as Accepted Answer" because it was at the top of a reply by Xfinity Support... but it marked my own post as the answer so I guess it instead was at the bottom of my post, so I "unmarked" it as the answer.  Nevertheless, I got two emails, one saying something about someone marked your post as the answer to a question (my own) and another that I had gotten a new award for 1st Accepted Solution.  So I somehow awarded myself a badge. lol

Sorry though, I didn't mean to do that.  Maybe my "new badge" was removed when I unmarked it, I dunno. I don't really care either way just thought it was funny.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

OldeFatGuy, No worries at all! Congrats on your new award! lol! Happy to hear you were able to get that taken care of. We are still monitoring your account and will follow up with you in Direct Message soon! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here