U

Sunday, September 15th, 2024 11:13 AM

Cable box takes forever to power up

Hello Xfinity?? Anyone home?? The 1990s called they want their freaking technology back after 35 minutes of waiting for the stupid cable box to power up. I get a message saying there’s an issue connecting to the Internet error code RDK03030. What the hell does that even mean, it’s funny how I have three laptops all connected to the Internet right now and hello you’re my Internet service provider too so why the hell can’t you connect to the Internet? I’m about to drop like a bad habit like so many people I am sick of trying to get in touch with a real person or get any kind of service out of you  Pay over $200 a month for this crappy service and I’m about to drop like a bad habit 

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

19 days ago

Hey there, @user_2w8s18. We definitely understand the frustration when services you're paying for are not functioning properly. Have you had the opportunity to attempt troubleshooting the RDK-03030 error through the Xfinity app? If the system is unable to resolve the issue through the troubleshooting prompts it will get you to a point where you can set up an appointment for one of our awesome Xfinity technicians to resolve that issue for you. What troubleshooting steps have you taken from your end? 

1 Message

"What troubleshooting steps have you taken from your end? " You folks crack me up.  I don't want to have the problem to start with.  You act like WE THE [Edited: "Language"] CUSTOMERS work for you instead of the other way around.  I shouldn't have to fix problems your [Edited: "Language"] technology has all too frequently.  You should be asking yourself instead, "What have *WE* (Xfinity) done to ensure this customer is never going to have this problem again?" This is not a solution.  If you are looking to your customers to solve problems with your equipment, shouldn't you be paying us?  Voting with my feet as soon as I have time to shop around for another provider.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_u9z4qs. We recognize that services should operate smoothly, but occasional hiccups can happen. To provide the best support, we ask about the troubleshooting steps you've already taken. This helps us avoid repeating efforts and ensures we're addressing the issue effectively. Could you let us know if you're currently experiencing this issue? Thank you for your understanding as we work together to resolve it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here