U

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 2:52 AM

Broadcast (CBS, ABC, etc.) stream apps no longer working with Xfinity

As of this past weekend, have encountered error messages whenever I try to watch live TV with my normal streaming apps, such as CBS and ABC. I have never encountered this before. It says that the live stream is not available through Xfinity.

This is extremely frustrating as these apps have been the only way that I have been able to watch sports since the Xfinity Stream app has been glitching nonstop all season long.

Why are the normal broadcast live streams no longer available through Xfinity when we are still being charged broadcast TV fees?

How many others are experiencing these issues?

Xfinity needs to refund customers for consistent lack of service and fix the system once and for all. 

4 Messages

15 days ago

Why can’t we watch cbs or abc away from home on Comcast to go streaming any more? Just happened yesterday on my phone and other devices . Many seem to have this issue ! Get messages like not hooked up to home wifi if do not have a subscription????????

1 Message

I am having the same issue. First they told me I can no longer get the channels outside my home then changed their minds when I told them to cancel my services then. But not able to fix the problem 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_6sna3q Thanks for reaching out! Are you still having this issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

@user_r4q25i I'm sorry to hear you're having issues while streaming outside your home. I am happy to troubleshoot with you to resolve this. 

Are you using the Xfinity stream App or website at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/?

Are you seeing any error messages when you attempt to watch?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

14 days ago

Same here. I’ve been on the phone with Agents for two hours, they seem to not know how to fix yet. 
Not good timing with College and NFL games starting

2 Messages

7 days ago

I am having the same problem. Comcast, please restore these channels. We are paying for them.

2 Messages

7 days ago

Abc and cbs are not on the channel lineup anymore.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

4 days ago

We pay for Premium cable with HBO MAX via Xfinity in Florida. We no longer get the CBS we pay for and ABC is hit or miss. Now we can’t see local news in Asheville on ABC. The solution seems to be cancellation of cable and get You Tube Tv. I am forced to keep Xfinity internet but I will look for other options. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here