U

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 2:52 AM

Broadcast (CBS, ABC, etc.) stream apps no longer working with Xfinity

As of this past weekend, have encountered error messages whenever I try to watch live TV with my normal streaming apps, such as CBS and ABC. I have never encountered this before. It says that the live stream is not available through Xfinity.

This is extremely frustrating as these apps have been the only way that I have been able to watch sports since the Xfinity Stream app has been glitching nonstop all season long.

Why are the normal broadcast live streams no longer available through Xfinity when we are still being charged broadcast TV fees?

How many others are experiencing these issues?

Xfinity needs to refund customers for consistent lack of service and fix the system once and for all. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

8 months ago

Hello @user_m1scvi, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Please check out Learn more about our paid Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex apps and Available networks to livestream in-home and out-of-home with Xfinity Stream While we’d like to make all content available to you through network streaming apps and websites, we may only do so when we have an agreement with the networks. Whenever we renew our programming agreements with TV networks, we explore the possibility of increasing accessibility through network streaming apps and websites, as well as through On Demand. 

2 Messages

Seems to be a daily discovery of what we can't do or get anymore through this company.  First we were lied to about services available while snowbirding, also I can't even watch my recorded shows on my roku TV and now this.. can you say hulu+ live and we will be cutting our bill in half. Xfinity is whining about all the cord cutters, but have they EVER stopped to realize the cord cutting is due to their greedy practices. I'm so infuriated!!

1 Message

@XfinityChelseaB​ its ALL about making money. 

(edited)

2 Messages

7 months ago

user_m1scvi

have the exact same problem and frustration, and the response from Xfinity is unsatisfactory.  I get the same ‘Not Authorized’ message and the fine print saying it’s not included in my subscription, but I have a premium package and have been streaming these apps on my Sony XBR smart tv for years. And I’m not talking about a channel in a region I don’t reside - it’s blocking me from watching the local news at 6pm on ABC NBC and CBS!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_jw85y0. Thanks for reaching our team on our Forums page, I certainly understand the importance of being able to enjoy your services. Have you noticed this issue on multiple devices or just a single device?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

I have resolved the issue by making sure I am not also logged into the specific tv channel app, but Only linked to my Xfinity provider.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_jw85y0 Great to hear you were able to resolve the issue. If you need anything further please let us know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

How do you log into Xfinity app only. I’m getting same error message. 

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having this issue as well. I can stream the app on my phone but not on the Sony Bravia TV.  Ridiculous for the amount we pay for basic cable. 

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

@user_sw7pa2, we are happy to help you with the stream app concerns you are experiencing. Thank you for reaching out using the Xfinity Community Forums. Is this the only device you are noticing concerns with?

1 Message

6 months ago

I was having trouble watching NBC and resolved it through the Xfinity app.  Through the app I restarted the top box and that resolved the issue for me. 

1 Message

6 months ago

I am tired of increased fees and less service.  Trash can be found but the quality networks are not available. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

We have xfinity triple play. Our local WTAE ABC channel has been receiving a message saying Comcast is required by law to black-out the programming airing on this channel. So far it  occurs when we are watching GMA, and sometimes our local news and other daytime shows. WTH is going on. I am supposed to have cable I am not supposed to be streaming. We went to cable from Dish because we could not get this local channel. Why do we even have to pay for locals? 

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

user_e2fb91 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

I'm also getting an error message saying not authorized 

1 Message

5 months ago

ABC thru Xphinity has been an hour late all day today 2/27/24. It happened a week ago also.Tonight, News Center 5- 7:00 news was on @8 pm tonight. This is not streaming, but live Shows .Right now, 8:34 pm, I am watching Chronicle, which is normally on at 7:30pm. Very frustrating. Please fix. We should get a refund for this issue.

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Good Evening @user_0be5hn We're so sorry to hear about the local channel being an hour off. Is the issue still present?  Several basic steps can be taken to help alleviate this.  Have you taken these steps below? 

Restart your X1 TV Box

1 Message

4 months ago

My boyfriend streams the ABC app through his xfinity.Cable at my house and the ABC app is saying I'm in Connecticut like it's Connecticut news when I'm actually in Massachusetts, so something is seriously wrong with the ABC absence.They did some kind of outage update the other night, we had our internet down. Ever since then, it's saying I'm in Connecticut for Connecticut news.When I want W CV B channel 5 news it was.I'm in Massachusetts.It's totally messed up.I've uninstalled it re installed.It resigned and signed out.It's still saying i'm in connecticut

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_aj964n just wondering if you are signed in at your house with your boyfriends login credentials. If yes, does he live in Connecticut? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I am unable to access   NBC by linking to it through Xfinity--when I get to the prompt, I select Xfinity, which then asks me for my sign in and password--I type those in, and then I am directed to another screen asking me to select my carrier, and I hit Xfinity--then it sends me right back to where I started--I am in an endless loop selecting Xfinity--I have never had this issue before and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it--it's happening on my computer as well as my Android

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I cannot link to NBC, for example--I am in an endless loop where I am told to type in the password and user name, which directs me to a screen to select my provider, Xfinity--when I do, then I am redirected to the same screen to select Xfinity--nothing seems to work--I rebooted and I am still having issues--none of the trouble shooting tips work--it's happening on both my computer and my Android

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hello @user_d60997 What troubleshooting steps have you taken specifically so far?  WE do have some amazing articles available for troubleshooting an internet connection issue. Regarding the apps themselves, we have not discontinued support(or been advised by the app developers) that these have ben discontinued. 

ANSWERED: Tips for troubleshooting your Xfinity Internet connection

4 Messages

3 months ago

I am having simlar problems these past coulple of weeks with pixilating, audio, and jumping on ABC so I dvr do they can see.  I have been having issues with other things so the replaced the tv cable box, cable from poll and in house.  Did not have this issue during the day only at night and now it is during the day.  I am watching now and it picture pixilated and then screen when dark and then came back on.  What the heck is going on with comcast ABC. So frustrated and pissed.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, u/Ibelieve_24. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the picture quality. I'd be more than happy to help figure out a solution to this problem you're experiencing. Can you please share what you've done to help resolve this issue? Have you by any chance tried using the Xfinity app to reset your cable box?

1 Message

2 months ago

I have the same issue. It's very frustrating. I'm ready to leave Xfinity!!

2 months ago

In the past couple of weeks I have also been unable to use on demand shows via the xfinity app, and it’s across the board, ABC, NBC, CBS - all of my saved programming I’ve been watching this way for years now say, “pay only, $2.99 per episode “ I’ve been watching my shows this way for years. Suddenly I’m locked out of all of the on demand programming. The live feature works fine. I’ve spent hours on the phone and with the chat representatives and no one can tell me why other than maybe the networks are blocking this feature. One day they were there and gone the next. I have basic cable for local channels only because I stream everything else. Being unable to watch the shows is infuriating, why am I paying for this then?

Official Employee

• 

615 Messages

lindalaprincesa Hello, are you still having streaming issues?

1 Message

2 months ago

I only have Xfinity cable. I can’t get CBS.  All other channels are fine. What’s going on?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_xdg0ep, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a comment on our community forum. Are you still having trouble with viewing CBS?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here