U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 28th, 2021 8:28 PM

Closed

Blinking blue light on cable box

I've tried a system refresh, the xfinity assistant restarting it (can't connect to it), unplugging, checking cables, moving the box to another room - nothing is working.  When I plug it in it will blink for a minute or two, I will get the welcome screen and then the blue light stops blinking and no light is visible.  Help!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_95ee77

It looks like you may be experiencing a signal issue. Can you please send us a private message with your full name and full service address? We will take a look into your account.
To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I will try the same thing shortly

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This same thing is happening to me and I have tried all of the troubleshooting efforts to no avail.  I was on Xfinity chat who sent signals, diagnostics, etc.  He guaranteed it would be fixed within 60 minutes of him doing this.  Still won't work.  I am BEYOND frustrated.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_52a4ae Hey there! So sorry to learn about the blinking light and the experience with trying to get it resolved. I would really like to turn this around. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address.

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

•    Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible
  •    Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/38brpvD
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.
  •       Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  •   Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter or tap the >icon to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m experiencing the same issue.  Does anyone know of a resolution.  I’m on the verge of taking this box to a Xfinity store and exchanging it for a new one.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Also on a separate box I’m having an issue viewing ESPN.   The picture is extremely pixelated and choppy totally unwatchable.   I’m only having this issue with this one box and only ESPN HD channel..

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there @user_cf60ad. I am sorry to hear you are having continued issues. I know how frustrating this is. Are you still having issues? Have you tried any troubleshooting on your end yet? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is happening to me too and I dont see anyone in here saying they were able to get it fixed. I think it is the box. I need a new box. My box is really old. Why would it be the signal, they work every where else in the house.??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here