Kaneooo's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Audio Pops on certain channels

I have a 4K cable box and noticed recently with some channels (AMC & Showtime) the audio for loud noises pops/cracks. I have a sound bar hooked up and it happens when I try using the tv built in speakers as well.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Could it be the cable box itself? Haven’t had this issue before and not happening to other TVs in the house.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

4 years ago

@Kaneooo wrote:
I have a 4K cable box and noticed recently with some channels (AMC & Showtime) the audio for loud noises pops/cracks. I have a sound bar hooked up and it happens when I try using the tv built in speakers as well.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Could it be the cable box itself? Haven’t had this issue before and not happening to other TVs in the house.

Thanks

AMC is notourious for terrible sound on Xfinity. Run a forum search and you will see multiple issues. I have heard what you are talking about on both Showtime and AMC. If it is isolated to those two channels then it is highly unlikely to be your equipment or Comcast. It is more likely a signal issue between Comcast and the channel. 

I describe it as hearing just a quick "Pop" at random on these channels. The better your sound system the more obvious the noise is. 

You may be better off reporting this to AMC and Showtime directly on their web sites. I know AMC responded to me back when it was really a problem. They basically said they were aware of it and working on a correction. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Kaneooo wrote:

Thanks

please use voice command 'about' and reply with the rest of the line shown after "STB Version".

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Ok, will do that

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

AX014AN_4.2p7s3_PROD_sey

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Kaneooo wrote:
AX014AN_4.2p7s3_PROD_sey

that is a new 4k DVR not known for audio issues. do you have a sound bar or receiver? if so how is your DVR connected to the TV and sound bar/receiver?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Audio is through optical cord via sound bar. But the tv built in speakers make the same noise.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Made the noise tonight on TNT ( Avengers). I watched amazon and Netflix and didn’t hear the crackle/pop. Should I get a new 4K box?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Kaneooo wrote:
Audio is through optical cord via sound bar. But the tv built in speakers make the same noise.

not sure what you mean here. due to non-compatibility, the better than 5.1 DD can not go thru optical or toslink nor HDMI ARC.  The X1 set top box in this case has to be connected to the sound bar.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

The 4K Xfinity cable Box I have does not have the audio optical input. This is why the optical cord is connected directly to the tv.

Also, I heard the popping via the tv built in speakers as well as the sound bar. This ONLY happens with certain cable channels (Amazon Prime Video and Netflix both have never done it)

Are there newer boxes with Optical input?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here