user_jd8614's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 6:58 PM

Audio issues

Intermittent audio issues.  Sounds gets garbled but if I change the channel, the other channel audio is fine and when I return the problem channel, the sound is fine.  I have noticed this often on ESPN and NBC Sports Boston but it happens on other channels too. Sometimes the sound drops off altogether. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_jd8614. I know how frustrating any audio issues can be, and there are a few things that may be causing those problems. The issue can be from the HDMI cord that is connecting the cable box to your TV, or from the box itself. There can also be network issues that cause audio problems too. You can troubleshoot and reset the box from the Xfinity app to see if that solves your issue. If that does not clear that up send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service and we can look further into that for you. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This is not a HDMI issue.  I primarily use optical for audio.  I see this on TVs with optical and HDMI.  On TVs with Xfinity boxes and Roku sticks.  I even have the issue on TVs running the streaming app on the TV itself.  I suggest this is a problem with your app.  I don’t have the issue when streaming Netflix or Prime directly.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Running HDMI and Optical connections is confusing to me, why opt to run two cables when you can just run one? There is no benefit to running optical versus HDMI, running an optical TOSLINK is honestly pretty antiquated these days.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

3 months ago

What Xfinity box do you have and what is the audio output setting?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here