blueyslori58's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

Saturday, August 31st, 2024 8:09 PM

Annoying Screen app removal

There MUST be a way to get rid of these annoying channel/apps Xfinity is putting on the bottom of the screen. It was there all through the Olympics. Everything we went to use the last channel, there it was. Now college ball is there. Well, my husband watches lots of college games al9ng with other things and that uses up one of his channels.  Sounds minor, but it's not to him.  How do you get rid of it?? He already tried going through the preferences,  all that did was lock up the guide causing us to have to unplug the box to get out of it. Help!!

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

13 days ago

There is no way to hide the tiles on the Xfinity bar. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 days ago

Hello blueyslori58, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are y'all talking about live TV or are you using the sports app? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

I'm talking about live tv. At the bottom of the screen. It's gone now, but I'm sure it will pop back up on Saturday for college. The last channel ones you can hit D on the remote and they go away, we can't find any way to get rid of this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@blueyslori58

Thank you for clarifying,  the notifications that you're seeing are advertisements that may come up due to popular events that are starting up such as the Olympics or the beginning of the college football season. This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-settings-index has great information on how you can set up your preferences via the X1 guide

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here