U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2022 1:42 AM

Closed

Amazon Prime Buffering

Watching Amazon prime nfl game is not possible as it buffers every 2 min for approx 10 seconds. The box is connected to modem

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_305e11. Thank you for reaching out about the Amazon Prime NFL game on Thursday nights. I am sorry that has been buffering. I know trying to watch a game like that is impossible. Are you using a the cable box Prime app, a Firestick, the Prime app on a TV, or another device to watch? Do you notice any issues with any other programming or just the game? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Cable box prime app. I don't notice other issues while streaming other 3rd party apps

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 days of buffering on amazon prime movies.Unable to watch movies.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

what do I need to do to fix this problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Thanks for letting me know this is the app through the cable box and not happening on other apps, @user_305e11. I also see @user_c5a1e3 is noticing this during other programming in the app as well. If you or anyone willing to try in this thread, exit out of the Netflix app, press the A button on the remote, and select Reset Netflix does that resolve the problem? You will need to sign in again if you try this step. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Is there a fix for this issue. Trying to watch game and constantly buffering. Anything I watch on Amazon on TV is buffering. Netflix works fine. I already did a full system reset. 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @Jimclark51

Thank you for letting us know you are experincing these issues with Amazon and also the steps you have taken to resolve this concern. I would be happy to review our next steps and work with you to get this resolved! Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm still having this issue as well after resetting box and signing out. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_305e11! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue as well. 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue and the prime video app on comcast keeps buffering between episodes and during episodes.  Is there a fix or is comcast giving everyone the run around again.  And please don't ask me to "chat" as clearly nobody is fixing this ongoing issue.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Hello there!
We're sorry to hear that you're also experiencing some trouble with the Prime Video app, that's where I watch Grand Tour! So I'd be in quite the pickle myself too if this were to happen.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and bring this to our attention!
May I ask, are you attempting to watch the app using a device such as one of our TV boxes, or perhaps attempting to stream it via your Xfinity network there at home via another device with the downloaded app, such as a roku, firestick etc?
There types of questions will help us determine whether it could perhaps be the network itself, or even just the application functionality! 

We look forward to helping! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hello, I didn’t see a response to this question. Or any of the others like it. Like other users I too am experiencing ONLY Amazon Prime taking a long time to load and buffering while watching episodes or movies on it. I do not experience this with Netflix, Hulu, or Peacock. It’s only on Prime. And its on multiple tv’s each connected to separate cable boxes. I’m watching the Prime app through the Xfinity cable box. I restarted the cable box and replaced all the HDMI cables with Ultra Premium High Speed cables and still have the same issue. It’s so bad sometimes that it will display the message the show can’t be played right now.

What is the next step in troubleshooting this issue? Is there a cable box equipment, firmware, or router upgrade available? The box I have is XG2v2-P. Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here today @user_a7bca7. Have you also run through the troubleshooting step on the Xfinity app as well? In order for me to check on your cable box I would need you to send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here