Meijasycha's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 12th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Amazon prime app on x1 says internet connection error

I have signed in when I try to play anything on amazon prime. I get a internet connection error.
Netflix, YouTube, pandora all work no problems.
Amazon prime Leo’s saying no internet connection but I signed in a can look at what is playing

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hey All, you have to post publicly before you can private message anyone.  That is not an error or glitch--private messaging in the forum is working as intended. Please send me a message if you haven't already. 

We ask that if you are experiencing an "internet connection error" when using Amazon Prime Video to please reply to this post with images of the error message you are experiencing so we can understand if we can assist or if you need to contact Amazon directly.

Side note, if you are using the Kid Zone feature of X1 and try to launch an Amazon Prime asset and the error appears (connection error), this is a known issue. We are working on resolving that handoff error.  If you are not using Kid Zone to launch Amazon Prime content, that is different altogether-- please send me or ComcastMorgan a private message if the latter is your case. Most likely we will need to update your box or get you a new one. 

Thanks in advance for your continued patience as we work on getting this fully resolved. 

KenF

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Im having the same issue but only one one tv which has the master box to the house which is strange. The same movie works fine on the other boxes and they are the wireless boxes. I tryed to log out and log back in to amazon prime but to no avail. Could be a glicth that will soon be addressed.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Pamelabrown805 wrote:

Im having the same issue but only one one tv which has the master box to the house which is strange. The same movie works fine on the other boxes and they are the wireless boxes. I tryed to log out and log back in to amazon prime but to no avail. Could be a glicth that will soon be addressed.

on the set top box connected TV that does not work, does the Youtube app work?  using your voice control say "about". what is the line to right of STV version?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same problem. X1 box is connected via lan and wifi. Upstairs box played amazon prime just fine the main box downstairs keeps getting internet connection error. Youtube, netflix, and others work fine.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue. It has been happening for the last few days

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My STV Number is : PXO13AN_3.2p10sl_PROD_sey.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same issue with my Amazon App on the Main Box.  Both Netflix and YouTube work perfectly, and I am able to browse Amazon.  The connection error is only when you try to play a video.  My STV Number is :PXO13AN_3.2p10sl_PROD_sey.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

would be nice if they answered this as I am also having the same issue so I called customer service a month ago n all they did was was resent signal to my DVR which didn't work ... cute they still have zero answers as to why still.. glad to know thou I'm not the only one with this issue 🙄

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AX013AN_32p1Os1_PROD_sey is what is on mine with the same issue. It’s my primary box on my tvs.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Lleslie72 wrote:
AX013AN_32p1Os1_PROD_sey is what is on mine with the same issue. It’s my primary box on my tvs.

you will need to call 800-comcast and select tech support and let them run their tests for 'internet' access by your xg1 version 3 DVR.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It is a known problem and they do not respond and I have called multiple times

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This problem seems to remain unresolved. I have not been able to view content on Prime Video on my main DVR box for over 2 months. Works on upstairs box. Netflix works, no problem. I can view Prime Video on my iPad fine. 

Comast should at least replace the “Internet Connection Error” with an “out of service” message so subscribers don’t mistakenly believe this is a problem with Amazon or their internet service, which clearly it is not. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jbriang wrote:

This problem seems to remain unresolved. I have not been able to view content on Prime Video on my main DVR box for over 2 months. Works on upstairs box. Netflix works, no problem. I can view Prime Video on my iPad fine. 

Comast should at least replace the “Internet Connection Error” with an “out of service” message so subscribers don’t mistakenly believe this is a problem with Amazon or their internet service, which clearly it is not. 

would you use voice command "about"' on that TV and reply with the rest of the line after STB version... ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

MX011AN_3.3p6s2_PROD_sey

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had the same exact problem as you and the others on this thread. After trying Xfinity chat support and phone support and multiple DVR resets, I finally decided to replace by XG1v3 DVR. I went to my local Xfinity store today and got the latest model XG1v4 DVR and now Prime Video finally works again. The Sales Consultant there was excellent. He also gave me the latest non DVR boxes as replacements for the older ones on my other TVs and changed my plan to save me more than $20/month. 

Hope this helps to end the frustration. Good luck. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here