U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 7:13 PM

Closed

Amazon app issues

Amazon will mostly not launch. Click on the app button, Prime Video Screen appears a s the 3 "loading" dots appear.....and stay there for 5 minutes then the screen goes black and no Amazon service.  

Unplugged tv/router and reset set-top box multiple times and it sometimes works. 

The Xfinity assistant doesn't work and getting someone on the phone is basically impossible. 

This is ridiculous 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

We have the same problem. No solution Xfinity or Amazon has offered over the past 6 months has fixed the problem. Xfinity even sent a tech to the house and they were stumped. All other apps launch fine from x1. I'm now only able to access prime video through my smart TV. It's frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_f831fb and @user_fbfcf9 Thank you for letting us know you are running into this issue with the Amazon app freezing when launching. I have run into a similar issue with Netflix and Max on different boxes.  With Max, I have to say the name of a show or novice I know is available there and on Max into my Xfinity voice remote to get it unstuck. Once in the application, I can use the menu to get back to the home page. For Netflix, I can say reset Netflix if it is stuck on the loading screen with the red N. This takes a moment to reset the app and then it will restart.  If you haven't already tried those option with Amazon Prime could you give them a try to see if you can proceed past that loading screen. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here