K

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, August 21st, 2022 3:47 AM

Closed

ALL of my HD channels suddenly disappeared!!😲

It is currently 11 PM on a Saturday night(8/20/2022); my problem began roughly 10:30 PM EST. I was watching Family Guy on FXX, and I was on the HD version, at channel 794 in my area, when I decided to watch something else. I selected an episode of Rocko's Modern Life from the OnDemand menu it said Nickelodeon was offering for free and immediately into the episode I noticed it was playing a dubbed Spanish translation over the program so I went to check the settings in 'audio' and I decided to 'reset SAP settings' in case I had accidentally activated something I hadn't noticed since my remote was lying on my bed. I went to return to the episode after the reset and a message popped across the screen, I didn't notice what it said, but the episode was still dubbed so I pressed 'exit' on the remote to return to regular tv so I could then pick something else without the dubbed audio playing in the background when suddenly a block box popped up saying "You'll need to subscribe to HD" with the option to select "watch in SD" which booted me to FXX on channel 267. 
Confused I tried the back arrow to go back to channel 794, the HD version of FXX which I had been watching for hours, that I watch EVERY SINGLE DAY after work for a mini marathon of The Simpsons to unwind with, but I received the same black screen with the same message making me return to the SD version on 267. I repeated this to the same outcome; realizing this was getting me nowhere I opened my browser on my computer and went to the Xfinity website and accessed my account. It said everything seemed fine but I knew it wasn't so I went into the X1 device and selected 'reset all boxes' option for the full reset. It informed me, both in the browser and on the tv, it would take 10-20 mins, and I sat and waited it through and the picture restored back to channel 267. I again, for the 4th time, tried to return to the channel I was watching not even a half hour prior and it yet again popped up the black screen stating I didn't have the access to the HD channel that had been working all day. It is the only channel my television has been on since I returned from work. 

A further update (11:35 PM), when I just returned to the other tab I have open with my account open to see if everything still looked good there is now a yellow bubble with a white exclamation point saying "We can't connect to your device". It doesn't explicitly state which device it's referring to, I have the Xfi Pod and the X1 cable box, so I clicked the blue link labeled 'Status Center' and it goes to an error page saying "

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

openresty/(**I removed these numbers because they looked like an IP address to me**)

But that's all the information it gives me. I didn't notice this before I did the reset option, and I'm now sure this has to do with why my HD abilities seem to have disappeared. Since I've already done the reset I don't know what much else I can do at this point on my end.

**Another Update: It's now 11:35 AM the following day and I'm still experiencing the same problem. All of my HD channels still won't allow me to access them even though I've now done both the master reset and the daily update. It does allow me to access the status center now which tells me the device it can't connect to is the old Wifi router. Up until Friday I had the router they originally gave me in 2020 hooked up and running, and I don't associate this problem with swapping the old router for the Xfi pod because not only did everything work normal for at least 24 after I swapped out routers but those are 2 entirely different devices and although they build off each other one shouldn't cause the other to not function properly one would assume. 

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @King_Paper_Chaser. Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already! I would like to look into this and send signals to your equipment that require your account information. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityCam​ I just now saw the notification in regards to this. I have now sent a message to the Xfinity Support chat because I am now experiencing a 3rd problem even worse than the previous 2 I recently posted about. I don't seem to have a picture at all ATM unless I boot up an app

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

The xfi pods connect to an xfi Gateway aka modem that must not be in bridged mode since all rf radios are then off. Did you get a new gateway from Xfinity? if so, the model number? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here