U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 9th, 2022 5:57 PM

Closed

Additional tv box setup

We just switched to xfinity and have the XB6-T and XG2v2-P set up on our “main” TV (where the coaxial cable is connected). We were told a second tv would just need a wireless box to have xfinity tv. (I don’t want to use Xfinity Stream on that second tv - I want the same functionality as the main tv - pause, rewind, etc.) The box that was sent to us for the second tv is the xg1v4-A, which seems to require more than just an HDMI connection to the tv. Is this the wrong box? How do I get xfinity tv on a second TV without a coaxial cable connection?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_d252ed Thank you so much for your message. I do appreciate your time and patience while you waited for my reply back to you. I understand how frustrating this can be for you but don't worry we'll get you on the right track. X1 Wireless TV Boxes (XiOne,* Xi5 and Xi6) allow you to watch live TV through your in-home Xfinity network, without the need for a coaxial cable connection. Aside from the ability to watch TV over the in-home connection, X1 Wireless TV Boxes have the same functionality as other non-DVR X1 devices.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you. This Information was very helpful. However, since learning that the xi6 would be the best fit for us, and requesting to be sent one, we have been given a Flex and a XiD-P. Neither of which work for us. How do we get an xi6? I don’t understand why we’ve been given the wrong box 3 times. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We will be glad to take a look at your account and the options available for getting you a Xi6 device. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here