U

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 11:28 PM

Activate x1 box

Unable to activate new box

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

2 months ago

Hi there, user_dzgy4w! It's always exciting to get new equipment! We are happy to help with getting the TV box activated and working! Once you have the box plugged into the power and coax cable (no coax cable if it is a wireless box) as well as from the TV box to the TV, the TV screen should walk you through the process from there. What is happening when you try that? Do you see a certain error or does it time out? 

1 Message

how activate wo app cell

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_79jxho,

I see you don't have an app, so you need another route. No worries, we've got you covered. Xfinity provides a lot of ways to activate your devices, as you can read here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-activate-your-self-install-devices?view=app.

For example, you can activate the device directly on our website. I'll list the steps below. 

Activate Your Equipment Online

If you’re activating Xfinity Internet, Voice or any TV services other than X1, you can easily activate your equipment online.
  1. Connect your Internet, Voice and/or TV equipment and turn it on.
  2. Go online to xfinity.com/activate for easy step-by-step activation instructions.

For additional information, see Getting Started Kit Installation Videos and Guides or visit xfinity.com/selfinstall. For step-by-step instructions on setting up Internet service, see Install and Activate Your New Gateway or Modem.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this route. Hope this helps :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here