U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 28th, 2023 6:04 PM

Closed

4k TV Cable Boxes

I have Xfinity X1 TV Cable with three TVs connected by three Xfinity boxes (AX013ANM main cable box and two XiD-P boxes).  I understand that these are all maximum 1080p definition.  I’ve started replacing my HD TVs with 4k UHD Sets (most recently a  Samsung 55” neo QLED.  I understand that my current Xfinity configuration will not support 4k so I believe I need to upgrade my boxes.  I’m thinking that I need the following boxes to upgrade to 4k: one XG1v4 main cable box and two satellite 4k Xi6 boxes.  Please let me know if this is correct (the most up-to-date boxes) and how to get the boxes.  Also, advise if it’s a simple procedure in setting them up (I’m 75 years old and no anywhere near a tech expert!).  In addition, should my current Xfinity remote controls be replaced?

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, you need an XG1v4.  I have two 4K sets and each has an XG1v4.  I don't know that the Xi6 is a companion box.  It's just a wireless non-DVR version for 4K.  The boxes are no harder to set up than the ones you have now.   In my experience, Xfinity has always sent remotes with new boxes.

4 Messages

@BIslander​ I would like to confirm that you have 2 XG1v4 boxes connected at the same time? I already had 1 and last week I added a second one. Over the weekend we started having problems not being able to delete recordings and the new one said it wouldn't sink dvrs. Technician came out today said it was wiring issue and signal issue. He corrected that but boxes still had issues. He took out the new box and didn't have another XG1v4 box, so put in small companion box. The original box then started working properly so he told me that you can't have 2 XG1v4 boxes at the same time. He then left. Think he's fibbing to me.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @user_a055de! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! What @BIslander mentioned is correct. We can certainly have a look into your account and see about getting you upgraded to the 4k cable boxes! Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here