F

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 11:41 PM

Closed

4K HDR

I have a new LG OLED 4K HDR TV.  It is connected to a new Xfinity X1 4K box.  I attempted to watch the NBC 4K HDR broadcast of the Olympics.  Every time I attempted to connect to the 4K HDR Olympic channel through the X1 box it displayed a prompt that said my TV wasn't 4K HDR compatible and gave me the option to only watch in HD.  My Samsung 4K HDR compatible TV in a different room had no problem connecting to the NBC Olympic 4K HDR broadcast.  As soon as I selected the channel it auto tuned to the Xfinity channel carrying the 4K HDR broadcast.  That TV is connected to a earlier version Xfinity X1 box/DVR.

Can anyone help me with this problem?  I know it's not the TV.  Did I set up the 4K X1 box incorrectly?

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @ftaylor50 I am sorry to hear that you are not able to enjoy the programming in 4K. I know that this may seem like a silly question but can you tell me what you have your video settings set to on your 4K TV and TV box?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityRobertA​ 

Would be glad to check those settings and reply.  Currently I'm out of town and won't be able to check those settings until I return 3/13.  Will reply then.

Thanks...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for letting us know, @ftaylor50! I also want to recommend reviewing these facts about 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Xfinity TV, where you'll see a list of compatible TV Boxes and TVs. We definitely want to start there, to make sure you have the right equipment. Then our Digital Care Team will be around 24/7 to pick back up when you're ready, and we're happy to dive into some troubleshooting if we need to. Thanks again for reaching out to the community with your concern, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

My box is a Xi6-T.  When I look at the video display settings it says the best resolution available is 1080p60 HD.  Across the top of the Video Display page there is no reference to 4K.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Is my box not a 4K box?  When I exchanged my STB at the Xfinity store I specifically asked for a 4K HDR compatible box.  Also, the HDMI cable on this TV is probably 6+ years old.  Does that make a difference?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@ftaylor50 Let's take a closer look at the account to make sure it's a 4k box. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address.

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

•    Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible
  •    Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/36pDBrQ
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.
  •       Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  •   Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter or tap the >icon to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here