user_a5r79y's profile

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Sunday, February 11th, 2024 11:36 PM

Closed

4k HDR not resetting

LG TV C9 with X1 box.

I can select and access the 4k capabilities of the box. It initially works as intended. 

Issue arises when changing channels out of 4K HDR. The xfinity stb does not stop sending the 4k flag, and the LG display applies it's simulated and oversaturated HDR picture setting. I have to turn off the tv and reset the xfinity stb to get it operating properly not simulating HDR. 

This behavior is only exhibited when using the X1's 4k capacity. Using the LG native apps or Roku, 4k works as intended.

When I first got the box, it worked correctly. Should I just replace it or is this a known issue with a solution? Please don't tell me that it's an LG problem. Not useful.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_a5r79y, thanks for reaching out for help with the 4K setting on your X1 device. Our team will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Once there, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list to send us a message with your full name and address.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here