RPMCanes's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 25th, 2021 5:00 AM

Closed

4K Cable Box outputs

Is there a 4K Cable box that has more than one output, so that it doesn't have to be daisy-chained through a receiver anywhere on the horizon?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Doesn't even need to be an HDMI port, just a separate audio output would be nice.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RPMCanes wrote:

Is there a 4K Cable box that has more than one output, so that it doesn't have to be daisy-chained through a receiver anywhere on the horizon?

to get best results, connect 4k set top box to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 (see TV owner's manual). then ARC or eARC out from TV to the receiver. other connections (coaxial audio, TosLink, etc are deprecated technology now. use of a breakout box may likely 'break' the 4k security path unless box is specifically designed to pass through the encrypted video stream.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I was planning on going from my cable box into a new Anthem A/V processor, then out to the TV from there.  I figure that would have much higher bandwidth and processing power than the TV?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My old box had an optical out that I could plug into my receiver and listen to Pandora without having the TV on.  No such luck with the 4k box.  Xfinity has gone backward with this.  And even listening to Bluetooth headphones, I still need to have the TV on. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

technology has moved on. left/right  RCA connectors, coaxial audio cables, TosLink all were good in their time but newer formats are via HDMI and makes the cabling simple. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here