U

Wednesday, February 28th, 2024 10:44 PM

Closed

4K box needs to be rebooted daily in order for the remote to work ???

Hiya -

Anyone else having this issue and have solved it ?

I've been having this issue for a while but recently it has become a daily occurrence... 

I can use my remote to power on the 4k box with no problem.

However, the box does not respond to any of the other buttons ... I press a button and the white light blinks (indicating they are connected I expect ?) but nothing.... the guide won't come up, channel selections don't work etc etc etc...

But, once I unplug the 4k box, plug it back in and then wait for it to start up the remote works just fine...

About ready to throw the box out the window.... (BTW, this is at least the third 4k box I've had... first two were basically doa)

Thanks !!!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

7 months ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to the TV help section for assistance. 

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

7 months ago

Try turning off HDMI-CEC on the Xfinity box.  It's in settings buried under Power Preferences.   I had the same problem and that fixed it.   It appears a CEC command when the TV or AVR is turned off or switched to a different input may be misinterpreted by the X1.

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

7 months ago

user_m70zt5 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Hey I wanted to respond... the comment from @BIslander did the trick ! 

My Xfinity box no longer locks up constantly after disabling that HDMI-CEC functionality.

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

@user_m70zt5​ Glad that fixed you up.  It's worked for several people.  Funny, tho, I have two XG1v4s and two different Denons.  For me, it only happens when either box is connected to the X3800H.  Both work fine connected to the S640H.  Must be a command from the newer AVR that confuses the X1 boxes. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here