Greygoos3's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 3:59 AM

23.976 Hz frame rate

Does Xfinity offer any boxes that produce 23.976hz frame rate?

Official Employee

• 

672 Messages

5 months ago

@Greygoos3, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here via Community Forums. Out of curiosity, are you asking for a box with that specific frame rate due to your own equipment?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@billmich88  We want to be sure we fully understand your needs which is why we asked for more details on what you are trying to accomplish, are you trying to determine whether our box is compatible with specific equipment? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ Yes, there is equipment that home theater enthusiasts need 23.976hz. Do any of the Xfinity boxes provide 23.976hz that I could try?

Official Employee

• 

465 Messages

@Greygoos3​ I'm a HTE, I have a 5.1 (refuse to do 7/9 or atmos), with a 65" 4K running 120FPS VRR. I've never heard of a set up requiring 23 frames per second so you may be a professional, or appreciate the older style movies. What is that speed for exactly? I always like to learn more about the best set up possible, and shopped for ever to get 120FPS VRR on a 65 inch. I do enjoy the soap opera effect though, I'm a gamer and the smoother the better in my home. 120FPS looks amazing to me for everything lol. 

For your question, the current generations of boxes can handle:
16:9, 1080p60 HD
For a 4K TV, select the option that matches the highest resolution frame rate of the TV. They include:
16:9, 2160p30 4K UHD
16:9, 2160p60 4K UHD (Best Available)

From https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-aspect-troubleshooting

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

MadVR has an issue accepting Xfinity cable boxes so it can be linked up with a projector using a MadVR for video processing. 
Since my screen is a 2.35 ratio 158”. The Xfinity is the only media that I have that the MadVR will not accept. Even the software version on AppleTV and other media devices won’t be accepted by the MadVR. I need a 23.976hz refresh rate for the MadVR to enhance and optimize the image to fit my 2.35 ratio screen. 
That is why and beyond the point. The question was do any of the Xfinity products provide 23.976hz images?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@Greygoos3 we do not have any TV boxes that meet your 23.976hz image requirements. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

5 months ago

@XfinityBenny wrote: "... I'm a HTE ... I've never heard of a set up requiring 23 frames per second ..."

Tsk, tsk! You can't really call yourself an HTE without some familiarity with 24 FPS weirdness. For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24p#23.976p.

Asking the OP's question another way, can any cable boxes do 24 FPS?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

465 Messages

@BruceW​ Thanks for the insights, and yup I won't go anywhere that low of a frame rate. I do so for my eyes, and I just don't enjoy the jutter on an expensive setup. Makes me want to go back to a tube tv and 480 for that frame rate. I like how you say the weirdness ha. Stuff like that on older setups looks amazing to this day though. However, I upscale everything to the max, no matter what Tom Cruise says :). 

Also, I like Atmos and Imax, but not for my set up at home. I personally prefer 5.1 for overall emersion and simplicity. Once home media supports Atmos correctly, I may upgrade in the future. Glad I was able to help with the frame rates I posted for the boxes. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here