jonf0's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2024 12:46 AM

1pst on x1 box, replacement box same

About a week and a half ago, I simultaneously lost both my home internet and x1 TV service.  The internet came back up after about 10 minutes, but the x1 is still down.  Getting the dreaded '1pst' error.  Exchanged my x1 box at the local xfinity store, but the replacement has the same problem.

I tried moving the x1 box to a different cable outlet but it made no difference.

Internet continues to work, though today the X1 app says my cable modem is down, even though I'm using it to write this question.  

There's major landscaping work in progress next door, which involves heavy machinery.   Could that have something to do with my problems?  

I haven't had a chance to look at the splitter, to see if it has been damaged.

Is it possible to get the signal checked from the streetside?  I did check the cable modem's signal strengths, and they seemed normal.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

22 days ago

Some additional info:

The X1 system never successfully starts up.

It shows BOOT, CAST, and finally 1PST.

It eventually displays  a message saying something about not being able to connect.

The error code is RDK 03004.

After a few minutes it resets itself.  This must be the reboot loop others have mentioned?

The replacement X1 box did let me select the language one time but still failed to connect, and did not show that selection menu again in subsequent restarts.

The first digit of the four digit status is brighter than the other three.  Is that normal?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @jonf0 I'm very sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your replacement X1 box, I understand how frustrating this issue is for you. Since it's been a few days since you last posted, are you still experiencing the same issues? If so please reach back out so we can assist you further.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hi @XfinityRichard,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, we are still without a working X1 installation.   

Home Internet is working fine.  We leave the X1 box disconnected, since it's not connecting, but I plug it in every morning to see if it will connect.  No luck so far. 

The two boxes we have used so far were XG1 versions, but from different manufacturers.  Would newer X1 models work better?   Also, with our first X1 box we had terrible audio problems when it was rainy or windy -  I can't remember which one at the moment...

It's  been nearly two weeks without a working X1 box.  Please let me know if there's any additional info we can provide to help get this problem resolved!

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

I appreciate the update and am sorry to hear that it continues to be an issue. Let's check the account and see what needs to be done to get this resolved. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and address.

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here