chelsteph's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 11:34 PM

Closed

Xfinity Website is Slow

The new website is awful; it's sluggish, and I'm unable to pay my bill as it keeps timing out. This isn't the initial occurrence. With a multi-billion dollar company, why can't they manage to create a decent website? I tried both Edge and Chrome with no success. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

7 months ago

The new website is awful; it's sluggish, and I'm unable to pay my bill as it keeps timing out. This isn't the initial occurrence. With a multi-billion dollar company, why can't they manage to create a decent website? I tried both Edge and Chrome with no success. 

Chrome and Edge are basically the same using the same engine.  Try Firefox.  While it may not be your browser of choice it might work.  Please post back here if it does or if it doesn't.

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

548 Messages

7 months ago

@chelsteph Thanks for sharing your experience. We care, and it helps to make the website better/faster. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @Beavis. I am sorry you feel this way. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ Yeah I do, I can't even get a credit back due to the xfinity outage in my area on 07/01/2024. Your website is incredibly slow and not responsive.  After one hour of struggle with it, the site told me "Sorry, your account has already exceeded the maximum amount of credits. We apologize for the inconvenience." Really? What are you a credit bank? You are a internet service provider and when the service is out ...meaning I'm not getting the service that I'm paying for you must issue credit back top the customers for the loss of service.  I live in California.  We have strong consumer protection laws. Furthermore, we have many angry xfinity customers in my area who are constantly losing connecting to the internet. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

895 Messages

Beavis We can look into your credit concerns today. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ The credit issue was resolved. The slow website issue needs fixing.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@Beavis Thank you for clarifying that the credit issue was resolved. For the concern regarding the slow website issue, can you provide me more detail on what is happening and the troubleshooting steps you've already taken?

1 Message

6 months ago

I agree.  I've tried Firefox too.  Trying to change autopay off and on for over two weeks now and everytime I finally get to that spot, I get a Error message that it will time out in 60 seconds, but the button to "Continue" the session doesn't work.  I've tried logging on at night, in the daytime, different browsers.  It's horrible.

Official Employee

• 

895 Messages

@user_zebusi We appreciate the feedback, as our engineers are always checking for issues and getting them fixed. Another alternative is to use our Xfinity app to make payments, and you can set up autopay. Have you tried this option? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Why is it that no one specifically addresses the problem we speak about.  You're workarounds are not an answer.  All you are doing is paying lip service.  Perhaps it is because you are an official xfinity employee who has been told how answer and yet not answer?  Please provide us all with a REAL answer that addresses the problem.

Thank-you

Official Employee

• 

895 Messages

Allenw56 Can you provide some details on your issues, so we can help? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Literally just try to use your own billing website from outside the Comcast corporate network, I'm begging you!

1 Message

@XfinityShawn​ Just log into xfinity.com and you'll see what we're talking about! It is so slow.... and remember, this is 2024 not 1994!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I too, have experienced all the issues you have all been speaking of.  Why do you think it is that Xfinity does not address the problem or our comments. You do see that they responses from them do not even begin to acknowledge the problem.  And for those who would suggest a different browser, stop running down rabbit holes.  Brave/Carbon/Edge/Chrome/Firefox...Tried em all.  Keep the blame squarely on Xfinity.  [Edited: "Solicitation"]
...maybe they will wake up.

(edited)

4 Messages

6 months ago

True Story, their billing site has been having issues for months.  I can surf the internet with no issues, but once I try to pay my bill "early", the site never loads.

It only works on mobile.  Pathetic.

1 Message

Uh, not on my mobile.  It’s ridiculous.  

I did happen to come across one good tip:

Try using the site in ‘private browsing’ mode

helped me with bill/pay issues, well, until it didn’t…

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_a6fc89 I'm sorry to hear the issue persists on both the website and the Xfinity app. Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies on the web browser? Or using a different browser as well? Is the Xfinity App up to date? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

Website is incredibly slow on my 1gbps Xfinity connection. It often takes so long to load pages that it logs me out due to inactivity! I often get "We are having some trouble connecting to My Account" errors. I just want to view my usage and billing history!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Ben_S Hey there! Thanks for using our Forums and for letting us know about these connection issues. For us to assist you can you send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Xfinity website is terribly slow. Out of the blue my password didn't work anymore.

It took over 2 hours to get it straightened out. 

It kept timing out; not accepting new passwords or user names... Loading took over 2-5 minutes to load (when my other random website, bounce right up immediately).

Now it has listing my address I lived at 4 houses ago.

This is beyond awful. We need to be told what is going on. Are we at risk again or still being hacked?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good morning Theslaters3

I would advise clearing the cache and cookies on your device that is accessing the website. Our website is up and running, I personally just tested, and it is running really good. 

7 Messages

Here is what I have done after not being able to access my email account or billing for 20 minutes every other day.

1. Cleared all cache and cookies on Chrome and Edge.

2. Powered down modem and unplugged.

3. Rebooted modem

4. Checked all cables

5. logging onto website with LAN wired computer all drivers and updates up to date.

6 Run complete malware and virus software also shut down virus software when trying to log in.

8. Checked a dozen other websites such as MSN, Yahoo, Marketwatch, local news websites, Amazon and such. All have no problems.

7. No ad blockers active. No extensions active other than adobe.

8. Using an intel i9 desktop P.C running windows 10 pro.

9 Using all xfinity equipment.

10 shut down advanced security.

Xfinity website  boots me out gives error messages and so forth. As it stands I havent paid my new bill and if xfinity cant fix the issue so customers can use the website so be it. if they cancel my service that includes phone internet and cable I will go back to breezeline its pretty funny that the brezzeline website works without a hitch. The only thing left is to replace the modem..

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_v3vx48. Have you tried using a mobile device with the Xfinity App to pay your bill? Also, if you subscribe to auto-pay, you may be eligible for a $5 a month discount. 

Here is a great link to learn more https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/automatic-payment-paperless-billing

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_v3vx48​ 

Try a different browser besides Chrome and Edge; they run on the same "engine".  Also, make sure that you have cookies enabled for the website.  If all of that fails again, call in and have a ticket assigned.  If enough tickets are assigned then Comcast should take a look at the website.  Just complaining here isn't going to do it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

The website is so slow, it's taken me 30 minutes to download one invoice and I still can't download my current invoice. This happens every month - and honestly - it's such a bad experience I'm looking into other providers. There is no excuse for such a poor user experience.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_e8tbuv. I will be happy to look into any internet issue from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here