U

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 1:45 AM

Xfinity Now WiFi Pass: No Internet

Hi, 

for some reason, I was being prompted every single day to sign into my pass even though I only ever used two devices on one account. Now, it will only connect to my phone RARELY and my laptop no longer prompts the “Action Needed” portal to get me to the Xfinity Pass page. I’ve tried forgetting the network and then tried to connect again and it keeps saying “No WiFi” I’ve paid for two additionall devices for this month and I cannot connect to any of them now. Not even a WiFi hotspot.Please help.  

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @user_24sve7 I know I wouldn't be too happy if I wasn't able to connect, so we want to ensure you get assistance with this! Sadly, our team here is not able to provide support for NOW WiFi Pass services since it is a standalone product sold outside of our standard Xfinity Services. When signing up, you would have received an email with a receipt for your service, which would include a phone number for a dedicated support team that can help with any concerns you have regarding the service. Have you reached out to that number for troubleshooting support?

4 Messages

I have the exact same problem. Wifi Pass was working great however on June 17th my devices would connect to the WiFi Pass HotSpot but would no longer connect to the internet.  I called the number on my transaction and I was asked to Forget the network and afterwards, it would either not find the WiFi pass or it would connect intermittently with the same no connection to the internet

I called 3 times and was told there may be an outage in my area BUT they NEVER asked where I was calling from.  How do they know there is a problem in my area when they never asked where I was?    Normal trouble shooting for a wired router would have you reboot the router but obviously I cannot do that.  It seems that the Hot Spot in my area is malfunctioning and needs a reboot or a repair. 

After the several calls using the phone number on my transaction receipt, as of 6/27/2024 it is still inoperative.  The call center associates tell me they have no access to support this so what do I do to get this resolved?   The associates answering the calls are polite but they just repeat the same thing over & over and tell me maybe there is a temporary outage. OBVIOUSLY there is an outage, but it seems like there are no plans to fix it.   I pressed the associate for an alternative # and was given the main Xfinity # who also cannot help.   

How does one report a problem? How does one request a repair? 

Official Employee

• 

692 Messages

user_pvb5k9 This isn't the experience we want you or anyone else to have, and the number on your receipt is the only team currently that is capable of handling these issues. If they are unable to help you, I would request a refund if possible since the issue can't be resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

While a refund has been requested using the phone number from my receipt, it seems no one at that number (or alternate 800 Xfinity # they provided) knows when or if the service will be repaired or reinstated in the location I was using it. Since they never asked specifics about the location of where the outage was taking place, even after I asked if they wanted that address so it could be checked out, it seems unlikely that there will be service in that location any time soon.  

An obstacle getting a refund, I used a visa gift card to pay which is usually not able to have funds put back on. I was so appreciative for the Now WiFi service especially with a summer trip approaching, once it failed, there was little to no recourse to thoroughly report or resolve the problem. 

As for finding out if the service might be 'back up' in the future, the associate on the call said I could pay/sign up and see if the service is back on.   Unlikely to risk it. 

Official Employee

• 

584 Messages

Hey there, user_pvb5k9. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on Xfinity Forums. I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the services, and requesting refund. We can certainly document the experience as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience with all of our services. We would recommend reaching out to the team to discuss further into all options, and resolving the refund concerns. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

XfinityAdrienne   I have already reached out to the team 4 times, here are 3 of the ticket #s1884729, 1883614,1888180. They say they cannot do anything else.  My remaining question which was not documented on the ticket, nor answered, WILL THERE BE ANY ACTION TAKEN REGARDING REPAIR TO THE LOCAL HOT SPOT?  And since they never asked for the location and claim that they are not the folks who can handle the repair or order the repair, even though my ticket has allegedly been sent to second/next level on 3 of the 4 calls without any communication from Now WiFi other than this chat, how does one find out if the Wifi Hotspot is even on a list to be looked into?  

As for other refund options, I asked them already (also not documented) and I was not provided with or offered any other option. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here