UPDATE - FIXED "We're getting your account set up."
I recently created an XFINITY account online, purchased an internet plan, and activated my internet service using a self-install kit. Though my internet service is working properly, when I try to login to the XFINITY website I am greeted with the same "Thanks for your purchase" web page, which has been occuring for three weeks now. This means I am unable to access my account nor see my bill. This seems to be an ongoing problem for several other customers that also can't login to their accounts or see their bills. @ComcastChe @CCKenF @ComcastJK @ComcastAl
I was able to fix this issue through the following steps:
1) I went to the Xfiniy login page and selected "forgot username".
2) I selected the "Confirm phone number" option. I received a text verification and confirmed the number.
3) I was then prompted to enter my physical address. After entering, the page said I hadn't made a username yet for this address, so I clicked continue.
4) After being prompted for an email address for the username, I entered the SAME email address that I used to make my original account with my internet order. When I did this, the website said "We found an account with this email, would you like to login and link these accounts?". I clicked yes and logged in with my existing account email.
5) After logging in, the account linked succesfully and redirected me to a now correctly functioning my account page, where I could see my bill, plan, etc.
TL;DR: When you order an internet plan online and make a new account at order time, the Xfinity website doesn't correctly link your physical address to your My Account at the time of order.