bilyara's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 1st, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Unlinking accounts

Like a number of others, I accidently linked my account with a friends. I have tried and tried to unlink them, but to no avail. I have access to both accounts, but every time I get close, I get this dreaded "Looks like somthing went wrong." Duh. PLEASE.  Some people are apparently getting help, but via private conversations. There doesn't seem to be any solutions publicly available. Would appreciate any help. Like others, it's causing problems. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @bilyara

We have now enabled the ability for you to unlink accounts you do not want linked directly from the My Account website experience. 

Go here for the new experience:

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account#linked-accounts

If you need a guide on how to do so, here's the Help and Support article:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts

Hope this helps, feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@bilyara 

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please message me and I'll attempt to assist you.

@bilyara wrote:

Hi, Jon. Thanks very much for the quick reply. However, when I try to unlink the account, I get the following error message, with the only option is to "reload":

Sorry

A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later

Regards,

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, Jon. Thanks very much for the quick reply. However, when I try to unlink the account, I get the following error message, with the only option is to "reload":

Sorry

A communication error has occurred. We have been notified and are looking into the issue. Please try reloading the page or coming back later

Regards,

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJonathan wrote:

@bilyara 

Thanks for the heads up. Could you please message me and I'll attempt to assist you.

@bilyara To send a Private Message to @ComcastJonathan click on his name in his post and then on Send message.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello, I am unable to find a way to message you directly and my phonecalls and online chats with customer service have not been able to help me solve my issue. I am able to sign in to my account, but I cannot access account information, change my password, nor anything else. Please help!

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

4 years ago

@BenAddison 

The sending of a private message without being specifically asked is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@BenAddison your issue does not appear to be the one on this thread. Please always post your own unique content AFTER reading the following documentation, that based on your issue, should be solved in the information provided below.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Sign-In-and-Account-Management/Top-Troubleshooting-Scenarios-START-HERE-BEFORE-POSTING/td-p/3366881

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here