Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2022 5:12 AM

Closed

Unable to change the phone number associated with my account

Hello, 

*I am currently using a Samsung S10e - OS Android 12*

I just now logged into my Xfinity account to see how best I can help correct the major issues I'm currently having with my Xfinity Mobile and Xfinity Essentials account.

While reviewing my account, I saw that an old number I no longer have access to was still registered as the number associated with my account. I tried to change it but upon submitting the new number, the message "Error Modal" appeared under the submit button and I could do nothing else...

The Xfi app shows the correct number, but the Xfinity website does not. Can someone please explain why I can not change my number on the website, why my numbers are different for each platform, and which number is the one that's actually associated with my account?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Twistxd Thank you for your post. I would be reaching out if I had an old phone number associated with my account too. We are happy to help you with your residential account and make sure everything is correct. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message. Here are the steps for reaching us:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same error. It does not work on the app because it is not listed in the app..that only shows the "mobile" number, not the account number. Whatever happened to the website is disastrous.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here