U

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 2:48 AM

Closed

Recent Sign-in Activity - How do I see full list? What does "K" mean on the list of sign in methods?

Three questions really:

1.  When attempting to view Recent Sign-in Activity for my accounts, it implies at the top of the web page that you are able to "View your recent activity from the last 30 days."  This doesn't look to be the case though as it only allows you to view one page worth of sign-ins (the most recent 20 attempts).  Am I missing something?  How do I see the whole list? Also, is there a way to go back further than 30 days?

2.  For the secondary account that I was looking into that had the suspicious activity, there are multiple sign ins from a device listed only as "K."  What kind of device is this indicating?  Also, there were sign ins from this "K" device even following a password reset when I was the only one with the password and my sign ins are showing up separately as PC like they should.

3. In reference to my second question above: How is something other than me signing in following a password reset?  Also, is there a way to force sign out devices for an account in order to force a new sign and avoid cached sign in using old credentials?

Lastly @Comcast/Xfinity support answering this:  If you don't understand my question PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME A CANNED ANSWER that has nothing to do with my question.  Just refer it to someone who actually knows what I am asking.  (You may be wondering why someone would feel the need to add that last part.  You SHOULD be wondering why someone would feel the need to add that.  It is because it happens seemingly more often than not.)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hi there, @user_3z5ged ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'll be more than happy to assist you with your sign in questions.. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

Why exactly do you need my account info to answer a general question for public viewing?  Except for maybe the "K" part, these questions are not specific to my account.

(edited)

1 Message

Did you get an answer on what K means?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

He might send you show someone whipping into a case I need to my account I have the IP address what does k mean

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_513ac8, depending on the device, there may not be enough information to name a device. Just depends on what information is communicated between the device and the network. You should be able to view the browser, location, and IP address still to assist. If you do not recognize any attempt or devices, it is recommended to change your password.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here