wisnis's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 11:00 PM

Closed

I Cannot sign in to HBO Max anymore because it says I am a secondary user

This is extremely frustrating. I was logged out of HBO Max so when trying to log back in, whether its app or website, I choose Sign In With Provider, select Xfinity, then log in and it tells me I cannot access as a seconcdary user ID, and the primary user ID needs to fix it. Well I am the primary user and I have my xfinifty account open in another tab with the same and only username Ive ever used, and nowhere does it say anything about primary vs secondary

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm trying to sign onto HBO Max. I've been signed on since the beginning, but a few days ago I was signed out and when I try to log on though Xfinity. Im sent to a page that says "It looks like you're trying to sign in to HBO Max with a secondary Xfinity ID". Im using the same log in info this whole time. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Im still logged on to the app with the same info. Thanks

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue right now, extremely frustrating. I keep going in circles. I start with HBO Max app or website, choose sign-in with provider, select Xfinity, and then it tells me im trying to sign in as a secondary user. However, I have my Xfinity account pulled up on another tab and nowhere do I see anything about primary vs secondary user IDs. It's just one username which Ive been using the whole time. 

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Azau44, this has been cross-posted here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Sign-In-and-Account-Management/I-Cannot-sign-in-to-HBO-Max-anymore-because-it-says-I-am-a/m-p/3378295/highlight/false#M34248

In a nutshell, go to www.xfinity.com/id and use the SSN option to look up your username to sign into the correct account that's not the secondary user.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there @wisnis,

We are happy to help you out, but please follow our acceptable use policy and do not cross-post

I looked up your account and there are two things to note.

1. It appears your account has been flagged as compromised, please reset your password and ask your family members to do so as well (while this does not relate to the HBO Max issue, it is a concern we'd like to address) instructions here.
  2. It appears you have two identities with your name, and the one you're signed into right now is the "Manager" (a secondary user role) and has your mobile number tied to it, the other is a "Primary" that has a different username assocaited with it. When you're signed into a secondary and you go to XFINITY | Users you'll only see your own, "Manager" with a description of what you can and can't do.
    1. It sounds like you don't know your Primary's username. Please visit www.xfinity.com/id and use the social security number option to look up your primary identity.

Start with that and let me know if you're able to sign in as the primary. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to sign in with the second email address on my Comcast account, but now all the profiles I had on my original account are gone. I tried linking the accounts but I didn't receive the verification email until 24 hours later and when I tried it just created the new account. How can I link my accounts to each other so we don't lose the lists everyone created?  

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Azau44, when you're signed in as a secondary role (a Manager/Member/Viewer) you can't see your other household users, if you're signed in as a Primary you can. 

If you've already set up HBO Max, you should be able to sign in with those HBO Max credentials and if you're having issues, password reset the HBO Max based on the email you had already linked to Xfinity. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same issue...

your link doesn't find my ssn

waht to do?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have tried everything recommended in this post, and it ususally works for a while. But then maybe once or twice a week even, it logs me out AGAIN and says I am on a secondary user (which I'm not, user roles haven't been changed). This is really irrittating, seeing I have to do this at least once a week. The current user role I am viewing HBO MAX on is as "Manager" yet it still says I am using a secondary account. I log into my Xfinity and switch user role to "Member", save that, and then back to "Manager" and save that as well. This works but then the cycle continues.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here