cpupro's profile

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 3:23 PM

Closed

Comcast’s Xfinity warns customer information ‘likely acquired’ in hacking incident - December 2023

Just read this information and haven't been notified. Are we, the customers going to be safeguarded against anything. What are we paying for?

We need notification and we should get 2 years of coverage to watch our accounts at the least, again, what are we paying for?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Xfinity was impacted by a data security incident

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

9 months ago

If you would like to know more about the incident, please visit xfinity.com/dataincident. If you have additional questions, you can reach the dedicated team with more on this at 1-888-799-2560. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

9 months ago

That's typical, you do nothing and your telling us to do the work. What are we paying for every month?

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

That's a great question @cpupro, supporting the expansion, creation, and maintenance of our infrastructure to deliver services to your home and area is just one piece of the costs that are a part of our monthly rates. Alternatively, there are items that are provided at no additional cost to our customers for literally every line of business that we provide. Take the internet for example, our xFi Advanced Security helps prevent customers from accidentally accessing risky sites, blocks remote access to smart devices from known dangerous sources and monitors network activity in real time to prevent security risks.

Additionally, we provide an Xfinity email service at no additional charge for use, space, or maintenance of the service. There are many more perks and benefits that our customers are provided with that there are additional costs for.

Some of our regular costs of operation that are incorporated into the monthly service rate include the overall cost of operations and support like having a team here in our Forums to answer your questions and help with concerns and/or troubleshooting together. Having teams over the phone is part of the day-to-day along with support for development teams, engineering, repair, technicians and their materials and equipment needed, maintenance teams, equipment design teams, etc. The list is literally never-ending if we were to list out all of the teams and departments that work together to create and support services to our entire footprint.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Let me ask this. We used to get $10.00 off per month if you direct billed to a credit card which I have done for years. No paper statements just money going directly to you. NOW, you have changed this to only give us $5.00 a month if we direct bill to our credit card BUT if we give you the information to pull out this money directly from our bank you'll give us $10.00 an month. Why, if you can't protect our data would we do that? If they get our bank information they can take all the money we live on. If they get the credit card information we can only get charged a small amount.

It doesn't work out as far as I can see to give you any more personal information than you already have.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@cpupro our policies, promotions, discounts etc do change over time. It is your choice to have paperless billing and auto-pay set up on your accounts and if you are going to pay using a debit/credit card or bank account for payment. If you do not want to provide your information you can remove autopay by following this link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments. Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/one-time-bill-pay-options-through-my-account on how to make 1 time bill payments. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/one-time-bill-pay-options-through-my-account on how to make 1 time bill payments

404 ERROR
Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here