U

Thursday, August 10th, 2023 12:25 PM

Closed

Can't sign into free Peacock account

I received an offer for a free Peacock Premium account through my Xfinity account.  I already had a Peacock Premium account, so I cancelled that and waited for it to run out.  (I know it has run out, because I logged in and wasn't able to watch things any more.)  But when I clicked the link I received from Xfinity to activate my free Peacock account, and entered my existing Peacock email and password, I got the message "We were unable to link Peacock to your account. You may already have Peacock Premium."  What do I need to do??

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_e8f9fd. Have you tried to log into the Peacock app using the email associated with your Xfinity account?

4 Messages

@XfinityDena​ The email where I receive email from Xfinity is the same one as my Peacock account.  But I also tried the Comcast email address I have with my Xfinity account and got this error: "We didn't recognize that Peacock account or password. You can always Reset Your Password and try again."

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you @user_e8f9fd ! We may need to put in a ticket. I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityDena​ I have the same problem was give a free PEACOCK account for my Xfinity Awards and can not log into Peacock. I guess they have not got the word yet. I use my Xfinity email address and password I get the same message from peacock no account.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_t3puw9 It is not good to hear you are running into the same problem, and we definitley want to ensure that you can properly access your Peacock Premium account to enjoy! We did create a new process to activate your Peacock Premium access in hopes this helps correct any errors users are seeing. Can you follow this process below and let me know if this works for you to properly link and access your Peacock account with Premium?

1. Visit xfinity.com/activate-peacock and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

2. Select the Activate Peacock button to be directed to peacocktv.com.

3. Enter an email address and password for your Peacock account.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for trying that for me. After some research I have found: If the customer encounters a red banner error that says: “We are unable to link to your Xfinity account. You may already have Peacock Premium. Learn More” they may have Peacock through a 3rd party (Roku, Amazon, Apple, etc.) 

• If they are billed by a 3rd party, they will have to cancel that existing subscription first before activation will be successful with Peacock. (The Learn More link in the red banner has instructions.)  
• Going through the Cancel step will likely result in the Customer having to wait for their account to “expire” or “cycle” before they can complete setup. Customer will have to contact their 3rd party biller to determine when that date is. 
• Otherwise, the customer can create a new account (using a different email address) to activate the subscription immediately – they will not be able to retain their preferences/watch history. 

Have you checked to confirm your previous account is fully canceled?

4 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Thanks - I have tried those things.  I cancelled my previous Peacock Premium subscription a while ago and waited for that to run out.  I know it has expired, because I can no longer watch videos that I could watch a couple of weeks ago.  I also set up a new Peacock account and tried to use that email to activate the Xfinity offer, but got the same error message as I originally posted.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue, I cancelled an existing peacock premium account,  and this did not work. Used as second email address that was linked to a long expired peacock account, this  did not work.  Tried to use a  third different email address, but it would not let me set up without first buying a plan.  Seems like Xfinity has offered a free plan which can not actually be used.

4 Messages

I never got an answer from Xfinity that helped, but I did eventually get the free plan to work.  I waited about a week, and then tried again using the logon information for the account I had cancelled, and this time it worked.  My best guess was that cancelling my original Peacock account didn't go through immediately, and they needed more time to process that.

I can't give high marks to Xfinity for this, but I do have the free Peacock account now!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

9 months ago

Free Peacock offer via Xfinity was working for a while, then stopped working (I would only see a screen with Peacock subscription offers.) Couldn't login on Peacock with Xfinity user/password either. Showed "activated" on Xfinity site but got the same subscription screen there. Listed on my bill, free until 6.25.25.

Countless hours spent with Xfinity chat and live agents, no solution even after they created a ticket and promised me an access code that never came.

Finally decided to contact Peacock via chat yesterday. A 45-minute wait but it was worth it-Peacock solved the problem in about 10 minutes!

Turns out Xfinity had re-linked my free Peacock offer to an old email I no longer use instead of the active one I use for Xfinity. The Peacock agent was able to see this after asking me for all email addresses I have and checking each one against whatever record they have on this Xfinity offer. I was able to log in on the Peacock site using the old email as username, get a password re-set sent to my old email address, and my access to the free Peacock offer was restored. I later changed my email address on the Peacock site to my current one. All good, and the Peacock site clearly shows my free offer.

Xfinity never checked into other email addresses and no one at Xfinity seems to know how to solve this access problem.

In any case it might not hurt to go to Peacock-it worked for me!  

Official Employee

• 

767 Messages

Thank you so much for the update, @sandrichka! We are so happy to hear that you were able to get everything resolved with reaching out to Peacock directly. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here