E

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 23rd, 2021 3:46 AM

Closed

Can't sign into account

I recently started an account, but cannot sign into either Xfinity or my account app, not the website. I have received no error messages from any of them.

When I try to log into the Xfinity app, it takes me to the browser, and then I try and log in but it brings me directly back to the initial sign in screen with no options for a different tree forward.

I was able to get my wifi running with help from a different page on the app that asked for my phone number and a confirmation text code instead, which worked, as well as seen help from a call to Xfinity.

Clearing cookies and cache didn't help.

My call to Xfinity on top of trying to set up wifi was to add another account/person to the internet account, with access to change info. This account and person can access all info and internet control/settings just fine without any issues.

At this point, I am uncertain of any clue as to why I can't sign in with my account (especially as the primary account holder).

Any help?

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

3 years ago

I can take a look with you to see what might be going on, @eeclose! You said you did all the cache and cookies, did you reboot the devices as well to see if that does anything for you? If it doesn't, then you can also send me a DM and we can look into it together to see what we may need to do for you. 

To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

3 years ago

I am so glad that we got your username working for you! I hope you all have a great night! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityJosephB:  The "Peer to Peer chat icon" icon was renamed "Direct Messaging" several weeks ago. You directed the poster to an icon name which no longer exists.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityJosephB 

I am having the same issue. Can you please assist? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @Kimchi34st and thank you for reaching out to us. We are happy to help please in the future submit a new submission as this helps with tracking and keeping your information in the correct thread. Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and complete address. Here is how you can do so:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3wHIky7 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityPeterH Thank you! Just sent a DM. Appreciate your help. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same problem kinda except it says my account doesn’t exist even when I called an agent support line and I need to cancel an installation today

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here