U

Thursday, July 4th, 2024 5:01 PM

Can't sign into account after moving

I recently moved and transferred my services, and after moving I can no longer sign into my xfinity account to pay my bill or access streaming services or the app. When I try to sign into my xfinity account on xfinity.com, it redirects to a logged out homepage. I have tried refreshing my browser cache, using a different browser, and on both desktop and mobile. None have worked. When I try to log into the streaming services or app, it gives me a notice that I have signed in successfully but am not an xfinity user. My cable and internet work fine so the services have successfully transferred, and xfinity ID lookup shows the new address, I just can't do anything that requires logging into my account.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_f1m9r1thanks for the detailed post. It’s best if we take a closer look at your Xfinity ID on the account. We’ll need a direct message to help. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. Once we locate your account we’ll send you a verification message and go from there!

1 Message

15 days ago

It's interesting how many people experience this issue. We just moved - all transferred fine except we no longer have an account we can manage. The App is useless beyond help! I spent two hours fiddle [EDITED : Language] with CS yesterday to no avail. They can't find the problem. They told me not to worry about the app and just roll with it. I can't pay my bill or make changes to my "non-existent" account i can "log into" but that's all. I deleted the App from my phone and will probably dump Xfinity and look for another provider who can control things better on their end. This is actually stupid beyond dumb! No one has any clue as to what to do - all this technology has gotten the best of us. I'll be researching a better provider in the area. Shame on Xfinity!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi there, @user_a6tnyr! Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your XFINITY ID since moving! If you're able to log in to your existing XFINITY ID, you should be able to link it to your new billing account. You can find directions here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts Under the heading:  "Link to an account without and Xfinity ID". Have you attempted this at all?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here