S

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, December 10th, 2022 12:50 AM

Closed

Can't Access Account or Billing

I have a new account (Internet and Mobile). I am trying to access my account page and my billing page but they both fail. I see my account information for a split second and then the info is replaced by:

Something unexpected happened.

Try refreshing the page. If the problem persists, please check back later.

Very frustrating. I have tried with the three top browsers and tried clearing caches and such. Any help?

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Resetting the modem was not useful. However I was able to fix this by removing an old non-default linked account from my ID.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Just to confirm then, you are now able to access your account and your billing without any further issues? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Yes. I am. The problem is gone.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

2 years ago

@sturgman1 Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. When you are logging in, are you on your home network? How long has this been going on? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ Hey! Since a couple of days ago. We have brand new service. This is happening from my home network, yes.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@sturgman1 That is a great question. When you log in to your account you are on a secure site that pulls information from your modem. If the information needs to be refreshed it would cause an error in the page. Doing a reset of the modem updates the information and allows the pages to load properly. I have personally had this happen with my account and doing the simple reset from the Xfinity My Account app will help. If you are unable to use the app you can unplug the modem from the wall for 60 seconds and plug it back in to let it boot back up. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

2 years ago

@sturgman1 Thank you for that information. I would try a reset on the modem to help refresh the information. Please let us know if this helps. If you have used Chrome, I would see if using the Incognito in Chrome makes a difference. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ Incognito mode does not work. I cannot reset the modem right now since people are watching TV. But the XFINITY technician just left... the modem just got set up? Why would that change anything with the account page?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem. Billing and Settings pages do not work and show the same error message.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_bd28f1​ hey. I was able to fix this by finding and deleting and old linked account from my ID. I think I had to do it from the app, can't remember exactly how. Xfinity staff were not helpful in resolving this. I recognized I had a second account associated with the ID because it had an old address. If you had Xfinity before at a different address, this might solve your issue

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_bd28f1 ,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Community Support Forums. We would be more than happy to look into the issues you are experiencing with the Xfinity ID log in to the Xfinity My Account web portal and application.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here