U

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024 2:19 PM

Cannot log into Outlook Desktop program using @Comcast.net email account

Good morning support - we're attempting to sign into the desktop version of Outlook by following this guide and we're running into some issues:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

Third-party email access is enabled on the account, and we're using the below IMAP settings:

[Image Removed: "Personal Information - Email Address"]

We're still unable to sign in, we're receiving an error indicating (Couldn't log on to the incoming (IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again) We can sign onto the account using the Comcast email web portal.

Please advise.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

21 days ago

Hello, @user_k7fwig thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out over Xfinity Forums. You've contacted the right place for assistance in regard to the 3rd party email access concern, I know how important it is to be able to access your important communications. 

Please be mindful that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. 

With Xfinity Forums being a community space we like to have the conversation in public as much as possible, so other community members may find a resolution if they are having similar issues. I appreciate the information you have provided, it is helpful. 

Here is a great article that has more information on the 3rd party email settings, you will just need to click on the blue Outlook hyperlink for the set up steps: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email. 

From experience, when working with customers they have let me that when a password reset is needed. This also needs to be updated inside the 3rd party client settings, and it can take multiple attempts of trying to update before the system recognizes the new password. 

Another fix that has been successful, is to remove the current 3rd party email set up, then set it back up from scratch

Please let me know if this was helpful, and resolves the issue. If unsuccessful I can follow up with you in the direct message to troubleshoot, I look forward to hearing back from you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here