U

Sunday, January 7th, 2024 5:56 AM

Closed

Cancelling Max subscription

Why is there no easy way to cancel one of the add on services you get when you sign up for Internet? I do not want Max and it’s impossible to figure out where to cancel it.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

8 months ago

@User646464737 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I am sorry for the frustration you have had when trying to remove the Max subscription. I would be happy to review your account and help take care of that change with you. To get started, please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, @User646464737! I'm glad we were able to work with you directly, and help you remove HBO/MAX from your account. 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Okay.  Here is an interesting situation.  I cancelled my xfinity subscription back in mid november, but I am still getting max because that subscription is billed through xfinity.  Now xfinity says there is no max attached to my inactive account, but max will not let me change the subscription because it's linked to xfinity.  So essentially, I have been getting max for free for 3 months.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be helpful.  I have talked to cs rep for xfinity, and they sent me to max.  CS rep at max said that I need to talk to xfinity[again].  So I am wondering, should I just enjoy this [free] system glitch since no one seems to be able to help me?

Official Employee

• 

265 Messages

@User646464737 I'm happy to look together and check for any options we may have to remove the Max subscription. Please send a Direct Message with your first and last name and full service address to get started. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

I have the exact same issue as @user_91f5d5.

You would think cancelling the Xfinity subscription would remove all the links to other apps but apparently not. I obviously would not mind having a free Max subscription due to the glitch, but I don't wish to get into any trouble in the future so would like to have this sorted!

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@user_4ahsi9

Hi there! I understand this can be concerning and we want to ensure we get this properly resolved. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Well, I got it handled.  Max essentially had to purge my email from their system, and then I could rejoin Max with my email, and choose my billing preferences.  But it really is a weird glitch if you do your max billing through xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_91f5d5, thank you for reaching out to let us know. We absolutely appreciate your feedback. One of the things I love most about working for Xfinity is that I'm confident they listen to customers and employees and are always striving to make the services more enjoyable for everyone. 

1 Message

@user_91f5d5​ did it save you watch history?

3 Messages

3 months ago

I need help cancelling Max as well. No idea why this is so difficult!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey user_dhjyey, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums and letting us know your having the issue as well. I can certainly help get it cancelled if you can send us a direct message.

3 Messages

How do I direct message you? when I go to the chat icon at top of this page and try to look up you user name, it doesnt show! 

3 Messages

Also, cant Xfinity just resolve it now? You what my issue is, why make customers jump through extra hoops?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_dhjyey I apologize I didn't send the instructions since they were listed multipule times on this thread. I'll post them below for you.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here