noproblemo123's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 11:43 AM

Closed

Why does Xfinity not provide a way for home security subscribers to password protect public access to their video cameras?

I have three indoor cameras: one camera upstairs, two downstairs.  To view live video feed from any one or all cameras, all one has to do is pickup my Xfinity TV remote, speak into it the word "camera" and I (or any guest in my house) gains instant access to the last 168 hours of all my activity. Why does Xfinity not provide a way for home security subscribers to password protect public access to their video cameras? 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

2 years ago

@noproblemo123 -

While we don't offer a password protection, you can set up Parental Controls on each of your X1 boxes to accomplish something similar.  Once set up, a 4-digit pin will be needed before being able to see camera feeds.

To do this, go to your X1 box and press the Xfinity Button on your remote to bring up the main menu.  Choose Settings (far right icon) --> Parental Controls. 

If you don't already have them set up, a Parental Controls setup screen will appear.  If all you are attempting to do is block access to your cameras, you can choose "Skip" at the bottom.  If you do already have Parental controls set up, enter your PIN.  You'll now be taken to the main Parental Controls menu.

Choose "Application Locks."  If you didn't have a PIN set up yet, you'll be prompted to create one now.

Hold the "Page Down" button down on your remote to scroll toward the bottom of the list of apps.  Once there, use the arrow keys to highlight "Xfinity Home" and press the OK button to lock the app.  You can now press Exit to go back to live TV.

Now when you go to view your cameras or launch the Xfinity Home app, you'll be prompted to enter the PIN.

I hope this helps!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @noproblemo123!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and more than happy to help out in any way that we can today.  As someone who is also a Xfinity Home subscriber, I know that I do keep my voice remote in my bedroom, that way in the event my company wants to try to check things out, they really can't.  Though I do like your suggestion of having that function being password protected.  That is a great idea that we can pass on to our development and engineering teams.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here