U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 7th, 2022 4:34 AM

Closed

No notifications for motion

So I’m not getting any a notifications on motion at all with rules in any mode either!  I go to activity and there isn’t any at all? The only way i can see any motion is when I go to overview then click one of the cameras and then I see the times where motion sensor picked something up on the camera. But no notifications of those times they picked something up. 

i have already restarted my phone I have iPhone 11 I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app 2 times and I have also deleted all the rules and made all new ones? 

please help 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_4840b1

I know it has been a couple of days since your post but our team wanted to reach out and help the best we can. Have you tried viewing the app on a different device to see if it works? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartinB​ I did on my husbands phone and still nothing 

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

@user_4840b1, thanks for letting us know this is happening on your husband's phone as well that helps a ton to know it's not a device-specific issue and helps us narrow things down a bit. How long has this issue been going on? Or have the notification never worked on your phones?

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

All of the motion notifications from my cameras stopped working after May 2 2022.  xFinity support has no idea why?  Also my last motion notification for a robbery suspect slinking around our home, and then our shed was robbed occurred April 29th.  We have copies of the motion videos but the motion - person text notification did not arrive until May 1, 2022!!!  So far the only feedback I've received from xFinity is that they are consolidating many of the apps into the single xFinity app.  On one troubleshooting session the tech said I must have the xFinity Home app installed.  When I checked this I found that the xFinity app is still in the Google Play Store but only installs as a headless (no UI) core.  It looks like this is being used by the new Home button on the xFinity app and actually runs the hidden Home app.  You can actually open the "headless" xFinity Home app by opening the Play Store, going to the xFinity Home app where it shows it installed and hit the Open button!!!!  

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Hello @mldavis99, I appreciate you providing your experience with notifications and the Xfinity Home app. The Xfinity Home app should still be available with a user interface, so I just want to ask a few clarifying questions regarding your experience. What is the make and model of the device you downloaded the app on?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here