Dimit's profile

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Thursday, February 17th, 2022 4:37 AM

Closed

Deleting rules

I have 3 rules that I try to delete, but everytime I delete them they just reappear. I’ve tried deleting them 100 times. Makes no sense. Can someone from Xfinity help me delete them?

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

2 years ago

Also I have rule set up to turn lights on when my alarm goes off and that doesn’t work either. What is going xfinity? I’ve been. Customer for 8 years. I’ve have xfinity Home for 8 years solid and it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Official Employee

• 

902 Messages

Hi @Dimit, we would be more than happy to look into the concerns in regards to the Xfinity Home Automation. Have you attempted to clear the cache/cookies within the application/web portal for creating, editing, or deleting automation rules? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Of course, I’ve logged in and out, deleted the app, reinstalled the app. I’ve had this system for 8 years. There are 3 rules that won’t delete. I delete them and they reappear. Can someone help? It’s starting to get really frustrating. And you can’t use a web portal anymore. Unless there is a web portal that I don’t know about.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

I appreciate your response with the additional information, @Dimit. Can you please tell me if the rules in question are rules built into the app, or ones you've created? Also, have you attempted to use the Xfinity App to manage these rules? This depends on what they are, but there are some accessible through the Xfinity App as well. Here's an article about the Xfinity App that has a lot of great information, and useful links about Xfinity Home services: https://comca.st/3plgzsJ. -Macey

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

First of all, the only place you can create rules is in the Home app. There is no way to create rules from the xfinity app. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Can I just get someone to help me? Instead offering tips and nonsense that doesn’t work. Listen, I’ve had this system for 8 years, that’s probably longer then you have worked at xfinity. I need someone who knows what they are talking about. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Curious.  I have the opposite problem.  My rules completely disappear every few weeks.  Complaints for this problem go back years in this forum.  I wonder who Xfinity has doing the programming, if anyone.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here